View Full Description
Six pristine microphone inputs
Testing. 1,2,1,2. Thanks to the versatility of the P8, you'll be able to use any microphone you desire. Each of the four premium inputs boasts 48v phantom power and up to 70dB of gain. This is excellent for providing enough input to use ribbon microphones. The proximity effect of the ribbons allow you to achieve the warmth and richness associated with classic radio. You'll also be able to incorporate low-output microphones such as the Shure SM7B (not included) without the need for signal boosters.
Take calls live on air
Got a guest that can't make it? Fear not, with the PodTrak P8 there is a dedicated channel so you can take calls directly from your phone. The TRRS connection allows you to connect your phone to the interface and broadcast the call whilst you talk. Additionally, the Mix-Minus function eliminates echo and feedback for you and the caller. You can even use the USB connection to route audio from various programs such as Skype, Facetime, Hangouts and more.
Hooking up your gear has never been easier. The P8 features colour-coded inputs and outputs so you can keep track of your connections. This allows you to make quick and easy adjustments on the fly, keeping you focused on your podcast.
Intuitive touchscreen display and built-in effects
At the heart of the PodTrak P8 is a large LED touchscreen display. The colour touchscreen interface makes navigating settings a breeze. Monitor, adjust and edit with a touch of your finger including interactive sliders that make it easy to control the volume of mic preamps and more.
On top of this, you can incorporate premium-quality audio effects to bring out the best from your inputs. The Limiter effect helps to prevent distortion, ideal for more animated podcasts guests and environments where the volume can change drastically. The Low-cut filter is ideal for eliminating unwanted noise such as low-end rumble from air conditioning, vibrations, street sounds and more.
The Tone Adjustment control allows you to change the way your voice sounds, so you can make it darker or brighter dependant on what you need. Finally, the compressor/de-esser is ideal for making sure your voice has more impact and presence, ideal for capturing that radio-like podcast sound.
Headphone mixes made easy
Setting up headphone mixes can often be tricky. It's highly likely that each guest will want slightly different levels when monitoring. Thankfully, there are no compromises with the P8. The inclusion of six 3.5mm stereo headphone outputs allows each guest to have their own independent headphone mix. No matter what position you find yourself in. You can be confident knowing everyone will be able to hear whats going on with absolute clarity.
Incorporate sound FX, jingles and more
Most professional podcasts feature music, sound effects, and advertisements. Including these in your own is effortless thanks to the nine sound pads. Triggering them is as easy as pressing the pad. The P8 comes loaded with 13 useful sounds including a laugh track, applause and more. So, if you're not technically inclined you can still hit the ground running and make excellent content straight out of the box.
The P8 is designed to be convenient. It records directly to either an SDHC card (32GB max capacity) and a SDXC (512GB max capacity). To give you a rough idea of how much space you'll have, a basic 4GB card provides you with well over three hours of recording time. You do the math!
The P8 can also be used as a 13-in/2-out USB 2.0 audio interface in conjunction with your Mac / Windows operating system. It can even be used with most iOS and Android devices. However, please note an Apple camera connection kit is needed in order for it to function with portable iOS equipment.
- All-in-one podcast interface with onboard editing, mixing and effects
- Full-colour LCD touchscreen display
- Record up to 13 tracks simultaneously
- Six mic input with XLR connection and Phantom Power
- Colour-coded connections for navigating inputs and outputs
- Dedicated volume sliders and mute buttons for each channel
- ”On Air” indicators
- Limiter, low-cut filter, tone control, compressor/de-esser on each mic channel
- Dedicated channel for recording phone interviews
- Mix-minus function prevents echo and feedback from call audio over a computer or smartphone
- Nine assignable sound pads with four banks
- Six headphone output with individual volume controls so you can hear everyone clearly
- Onboard editing with Trim, Split and Fade functions
- 13-in/2-out USB audio interface
- Class-compliant mode for iOS compatibility
- Up to two hours recording time when using four AA batteries (not included)
- Record directly to SD, SDHC and SDXC cards up to 512GB
- Simultaneous recording over USB and to SD-card possible
- Up to 16-bit/44.1kHz audio in BWF-compliant WAV or a variety of MP3 formats
- Optional BTA-2 Bluetooth Adapter (supplied separately) enables wireless call recording
- Number of input channels: Mic inputs: 6 (mono)
- Smartphone input: 1 (stereo)
- Number of output channels 2 (6 headphones and L/R speaker outputs)
- Mic: XLR jacks (2: HOT)
- Smartphone connection jack: TRRS mini jack (4 contacts, TIP: L, RING 1: R, RING 2: GND, SLEEVE: MIC)
- USB: USB Type-C (audio interface and mass storage functions)
- Headphones: 3.5mm stereo mini
- Speaker output: TRS jacks (balanced)
- AC adapter: Power supply connector for AD-14
- Phantom Power: +48 V
- Recorder: Formats: WAV 44.1kHz, 16-bit, mono/stereo
- Recording media:
- 4–32 GB cards compatible with the SDHC specification (class 10 or higher)
- 64–512 GB cards compatible with the SDXC specification (class 10 or higher)
- Audio interface: 44.1kHz, 16-bit, 2-in/2-out
- Display: 4.3" (480Å 272) full-colour touchscreen LCD
- Battery: 4 AA batteries (alkaline, lithium, or rechargeable NiMH)
- Mains:, AC adapter (ZOOM AD-14): DC 5 V/1 A (supports USB bus power) (not included)
- Estimated continuous operation time (Recording 44.1kHz/16-bit/4ch audio to SD card using batteries) (when +48 V is OFF and headphone impedance is 32 ohms):
- Alkaline batteries: about 2 hours
- NiMH batteries (1900 mAh): about 3.5 hours
- Lithium batteries: about 6.5 hours
- External Dimensions (WxDxH): 295 mm x 248 mm x 61 mm
- Weight (unit only): 1.43 kg
- Product Code: 317560