View Full Description
The Spatial Mic utilises eight 14mm condenser capsules, all perfectly matched to digitally controlled analog front ends and 110 dB-SNR DACs. To ensure this, a calibration profile is measured prior to shipping and stored within the microphone. This is stored upon a dedicated digital circuit board featuring a 16-core processor and high-resolution SiLabs clocking scheme.
A robust casing protects the Spatial Mic, whilst remaining compact and light for use on the move. As well as the aluminium and nylon design, the mic also features a bright LED display, multi-function knob and metal headbasket. Accurately placing the microphone is made easy thanks to the thread mount and optional Rycote Shockmount (sold separately).
Navigating the wide range of features of the Spatial Mic is easy via a knob and LEDs that provide visual feedback over analog mic gain, mute, monitor mix between live and computer playback, and overall level of the headphone output. Integration with the Spatial Mic Control App means remote level setting is achievable, indicated via LED level meters.
The Spatial Mic can help create authentic soundscapes for your next virtual reality or augmented reality project. Whether that be video, game or other multimedia, the Spatial Mic is here to help. By recording in 360 degrees, the sound can accurately change as the viewer changes direction and moves around the project.
The Spatial Mic is great for capturing the true ambience and emotion of live events. For a true representation of crowd noise and other elements, the Spatial Mic utilises eight individual capsules. Easily create audio for games, film, YouTube 360 and Facebook 360 with a compatible plugin host like Reaper, Pro Tools or Nuendo. A HOA output from the mic captures audio that can then be edited further in post-production.
An essential component of your microphone locker, the Spatial Mic offers something different to traditional studio microphones. Built-in ADAT connectivity makes it easy to incorporate the microphone into more traditional recording setups. Popular examples of this include capturing the perfect room sound during drum recording sessions.
Recording on the go
The plug and play potential of the Spatial Mic makes it compatible with mobile devices and apps including AUM, MultiTrack DAW, Audio Evolution Mobile. This, paired with the lightweight design, make the Spatial Mic the perfect companion on the road. Concerns over battery life? The microphone offers an AUX 5v power input over a micro-USB jack.
- 8 capsule array for Second Order Ambisonics
- Live headphone monitoring
- USB Streaming up to 24-bit / 96 kHz
- ADAT Light-Pipe up to 24-bit / 48 kHz
- DAW plugin and remote control app Included
- Individual calibration stored in each mic
- 8 Channels Streaming to USB 2.0 Audio Host via USB-C Connector / 2 Channels Streaming Playback
- 8 Channels ADAT Lightpipe Digital Output
- USB Streaming and ADAT may be used independently or concurrently
- Live binaural monitoring using Google Resonance HRTFs (44.1kHz and 48kHz) and live Mid-Side monitoring (88.2kHz and 96kHz)
- Sample Rates USB: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz and 96kHz
- Sample Rates ADAT: 44.1kHz and 48kHz
- ADC: 110dB SNR per channel, DAC 108dB SNR
- Bit Depth: 16/24-bit
- ADC clipping in pad mode: 131dB SPL
- USB bus power: USB-C or external 5v source via micro-USB
- Headphone output: 130mW into 16 ohms via 3.5mm TRS jack
- Spatial Mic Converter plugin DSP filter type: 64-element frequency dependent output filter matrix
Capsule & array
- Capsule type: 14mm Prepolarized Condenser
- SNR: > 72dB-A
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Max SPL for THD < 3 : 120dB @1kHz
- Array: 8 transducers
- Array Ordering: Looking at Spatial Mic from the front, as indicated by the knob, Capsule 1 is on the lower right (Roman numeral ‘I’). Capsule 5 is on the top ring of the capsule array and inline with microphone knob. The bottom ring contains capsule 1-4 and the top ring contains capsule 5-8.
- Construction: aluminium & nylon
- Spatial Mic Dimensions:
- Height: 6.75’’
- Diameter: 2.125’’
- Spatial mic weight: 0.25 kg