View Full Description
The UAD-2 Satellite Quad Core is Universal Audio's most powerful FireWire DSP Accelerator. Satellite Quad Core will give producers and engineers access to award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins on FireWire-enabled computers including Intel-based Macs and Windows 7 PCs.
Universal Audio engineers have worked together with the original hardware manufacturers using their exact schematics, units and experienced ears to create fully authenticated plug-ins with all the warmth and harmonics of classic analog equipment.
The UAD-2 Satellite Quad Core is powered by four SHARC processors. It's easy to install onto Intel-based Macs and Windows 7 PCs using a FireWire 800 connection. This allows you to run full mixes with UAD plug-ins, without putting the strain on your host computer.You can also connect to Thunderbolt-equipped Macs using a Thunderbolt-to-Firewire adapter (not included).
Universal Audio's 'Analog Classics' bundle is included and provides access to popular UAD plug-in titles from Ampex, Neve, Roland, Harrison, SSL and more. The bundle also features Legacy editions of the LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN / 1176SE Classic Limiting Amplifier, Pultec EQP-1A, Pultec Pro and RealVerb Pro Plug-ins.
The UAD-2 Satellite Quad Core supports VST, Audio Units RTAS and full 64-bit operation. Setting up is extremely easy, just connect the unit to an available FireWire port, power up and start mixing with some of the world's finest audio plug-ins.
Features / Specifications
- Most powerful four-processor external FireWire 800 DSP Accelerator Unit
- Compatible with Intel-based Macs and Windows 7 PCs
- Ideal for professional users running larger projects
- Provides access to award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins library
- Compatible with Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live and more
- Includes 'Analog Classics' plug-in bundle
- Can be combined with other UAD-2 PCIe cards, UAD-2 Satellite and Apollo/Apollo 16 audio interfaces
- Connect to Thunderbolt-equipped Macs via compatible chassis
- VST/AU/RTAS and 64-bit compatible
- Windows: Windows 7, 64-bit Edition with SP1
- Mac: OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard, 10.7 Lion or 10.8 Mountain Lion
- 2 GB available disk space
- Available PCI Express (PCIe) slot for each UAD-2 card
- Available FireWire 800 port for UAD-2 Satellite, Apollo or Apollo 16
- 1024 x 800 minimum display resolution
- Internet connection to download software and authorize UAD plug-ins
- Compatible VST, Audio Units or RTAS plug-in host application software