View Full Description
2x4 thunderbolt audio interface
The Universal Audio Apollo Thunderbolt Interface is a ground-breaking desktop unit, providing exceptional audio conversion, with two Unison mic preamps and a range of built-in effects. The premium-grade components and custom Universal Audio technology ensures optimal audio fidelity, with samples rates up to 24-bit/192kHz when it comes to audio conversion.
The 2x4 configuration is Thunderbolt 3 powered, allowing you to capture vocal and guitar recordings at near zero-latency. It also allows you to use classic UAD plug-in effects, no matter your software buffer settings. The premium-grade interface also comes complete with the UAD Realtime Analog Classics plugin bundle comprised of high-end studio compressor, EQs, reverbs, guitar amp simulations and more. The result is studio-grade recordings every time.
Unison mic preamp and guitar amp simulations
At the core of the Universal Audio Apollo is UA’s Unison technology, designed to emulate the tone and feel of some of the most classic tube and transformer-based preamps. The varied collection is comprised of mic preamps emulations from Neve and API, providing high-end emulation of some of the most sought-after preamps. Also included are guitar amp emulations from Fender and Marshall.
These emulated guitar amps come complete with their signature impedance, gain-stage sweet spots and component-level circuit behaviours. Powering these emulations is Apollo’s hardware-software integration, giving you the ability to record at near-zero latency through Unison-enabled plugins, regardless of your software buffer settings.
The interface boasts two combination inputs for both microphones (XLR) and instruments (Line). It also features a front-panel Hi-Z guitar input for added convenience.
Compact, desktop design
The compact and portable design will easily fit within your backpack, allowing you to take your UAD processing power anywhere you go. This is ideal for musicians on the move, allowing you to utilise the high-end plugins at project studios or on the road. The interface is also bus-powered, eliminating the need for a wall-plug power supply.
The robust enclosure is comprised of an all-metal construction for optimal durability. The light grey finish not only looks sleek but helps to prevent scratches and other superficial damage. The most prominent feature of the top panel is the large rotatable attenuator for changing the overall volume, complete with a large LED meter around it for monitoring your levels.
Metering and control section
The top of the interface features a range of built-in controls, as well as LED meters for monitoring your levels. The main integrated screen features two-channels of monitoring for Mic, Line and Hi-Z inputs. It also boasts a monitor meter for the integrated headphone jack, allowing you to monitor your input sources while recording. The ergonomic layout allows you to switch between inputs at the touch of a button, turn on +48V Phantom power, change the Pad of your interface and even Link settings.
New to 1.1: The latest update from the LUNA is the gift that keeps on giving! Versions is an incredible addition. This handy feature allows you to keep on top of the production process and track your progress as you go. You'll be able to create "bookmarks" to highlight significant milestones which can easily be referred back to at any stage. What's more, mixing and editing just got easier with all-new track groupings. This feature will streamline your workflow, allowing you to work quickly whilst still being precise. The inclusion of a redesigned MIDI clock output enables you to effortlessly integrate your favourite grooveboxes and workstations. It is also now possible to drag and drop MIDI files directly from virtual instruments!
Work the way you want with LUNA technology. Universal Audio built their DAW, LUNA, from the ground up. Their aim, was to bring audio recording into a new era. Following a high-quality range of vintage emulations and innovative plugins, it is obvious that Universal Audio don’t settle for second best and strive to give you their all. LUNA is no exception. You'll be free to integrate your favourite DSP powered plugins when recording, completely free of latency. Thanks to accelerated real time modelling, you'll also be provided with analog style recording and overdubbing via your Apollo's on-board DSP acceleration.
Hark back to the golden age of recording, with Neve summing from the iconic 80's series console. You'll be able to add warmth and richness to your tracks, from the very series of desk that is associated with seminal albums from the likes of Nirvana, Dire Straits, and Pink Floyd. The Studer A800 Tape Recorder extension allows you to add the warmth and punch associated with magnetic tape, introducing various levels of harmonics and saturation into your signal flow. With a highly realistic Steinway Model B piano, Moog Minimoog emulation, a wide array of premium samples from Spitfire Audio, and unlimited track count. You'll have nothing holding you back from making the greatest sounding records of your life.
Please Note: This is a free download for mac users who own a Thunderbolt Arrow or Apollo interface. It is not yet compatible for Windows.
- Desktop 2x4 Thunderbolt 3-powered audio interface with class-leading 24-bit/192 kHz audio conversion
- Unison mic preamp and guitar amp emulations from Neve®, API®, Manley®, Marshall®, Fender® and more
- Realtime UAD Processing allows near-zero latency tracking with classic UAD plug-in effects, regardless of software buffer setting
- Includes studio compressors, EQs, reverbs, and guitar amp emulations, and more as part of “Realtime Analog Classics” bundle
- Complete with Realtime Analog Classics UAD powered plugin bundle
- Bus-powered connection to Mac and Windows systems for easy portability and reduced cable clutter
- Robust all-metal construction
- Compact and highly portable design
- Integrated +48 Phantom Power and Pad controls
- LED metering for inputs and monitoring
- Built-in front-panel headphone connection for private monitoring
Realtime Analog UAD Powered Plugins Bundle
- UA 610-B (Unison)
- 1176LN Legacy
- 1176SE Legacy
- Ampeg SVT-VR Classic (Unison)
- Marshall Plexi Classic (Unison)
- Precision Channel Strip
- Precision Reflection Engine
- Precision Delay Mod
- Precision Delay Mod L
- Pultec EQP-1A Legacy
- Pultec-Pro Legacy
- Teletronix LA-2A Legacy
- Raw Distortion (Unison)
- RealVerb Pro
- Computer Connectivity: Thunderbolt 3
- Form Factor: Desktop
- Simultaneous I/O: 2 x 4
- A/D Resolution: 24-bit/192kHz
- Built In DSP/FX: UAD-2 Solo Processing, Realtime UAD Powered Plug-ins
- Number of Preamps: 2 x mic, 1 x instrument
- Phantom Power: Yes
- Analog Inputs: 2 x XLR-1/4" combo (mic/line), 1 x 1/4" (Hi-Z)
- Analog Outputs: 2 x 1/4"
- Headphones: 1 x 1/4" TRS
- Thunderbolt: 1 x USB-C (Thunderbolt 3)
- Bus Powered: Yes
- Software: Luna Recording System (Mac only), Realtime Analog Classics Plug-in Bundle (VST, AU, AAX 64)
- OS Requirements - Mac: macOS 10.13 or later, Quad Core i7 or higher
- OS Requirements - PC: Windows 10 Anniversary update or later, Quad Core i7 or higher
- Power Supply: Bus powered
- Product Code: APLS