View Full Description
Designed For DSLR Cameras
The DR701D has been designed specifically with DSLR cameras in mind, giving you the ability to simultaneously record video and audio at the touch of a button. Camera equipment (especially the heavier models) can strain your muscles after extended periods of use. The lightweight chassis makes it ideal for use in any environment, minimising any strain normally associated with heavier camera equipment. The timecode generator incorporated into this unit eliminates the need to search through hundreds of takes, something professional video production normally has to go through; letting you easily recall takes from timestamps. The timecode generator can also be jam synced from a camera, smart slate or SMPTE generator. The HDMI in and out gives your DSLR the ability to record on both devices simultaneously at the touch of a button. Also included is a video clock which helps prevent any latency issues between sound and picture, ensuring perfect audio capture and reproduction every time. Tripod mounts are also featured on the top and the bottom of the unit, allowing you to easily mount it under the camera or use it as a stand-alone.
As well as its lightweight and portable design, the DR701D delivers a multitude of versatile functions, providing an easy-to-use user experience. The four mic inputs can be individually recorded and mixed into a stereo track, allowing for a total of six-tracks when recording. You can also link up multiple units, allowing you to record additional tracks. There is also a built-in mixer for processing your tracks, resulting in a pristine stereo mix. The mixer includes such controls as: pan, level adjustments, delay and mid-side decoding. This gives you optimal control over your recorded audio, minimising the need for excessive post-processing.
Premium Quality HDDA (High Definition Discrete Architecture) Mic Preamps
The DR-701D features Tascam HDDA mic preamps, delivering exceptional quality audio in even the more challenging environments. The preamps themselves use discrete architecture, built with specially selected components, providing high integrity signals resulting in the best quality audio possible. The HDDA are comprised of Texas Instruments OPA1652 Op Amps, which were selected for their high quality and low noise, improving performance from earlier models. The Op Amps provide an equivalent input noise of -124 dBu or more. The A/D converters have been included to convert analog signals to the digital format, resulting in a resolution up to 96kHz/24-bit when recording up to 6 tracks, or 192kHz/24-bit when recording 2 tracks.
Built-in Multiband Limiter and 5-Stage Low-Cut Filter
The limiter featured in the DR-701D helps to adjust and control excessive inputs levels, operating individually on each of the four inputs. The multiband limiter affects the frequencies that achieve excessive levels from the input, ensuring the natural and rich harmonics are still retained. A low-cut filter has also been included for eliminating wind noise, rumble and other undesirable frequencies without affecting the source audio.
For more information on the Tascam DR701D please refer to the PDFs above.
- SD/SDHC/SDXC cards used for recording media.
- 6 maximum simultaneous recording tracks
- MONO, STEREO, 2MIX, DUAL MONO, DUAL ST and DUAL2MIX recording modes
- Recording formats: 16/24-bit, 44.1/48/96/192kHz (WAV/BWF) (192kHz only for two-track recording)
- Built-in original TASCAM HDDA mic preamps provide high audio quality
- Input levels can be adjusted separately for each track
- XLR/TRS inputs support +4dBu line level and 24/48V phantom power
- Clock and record start/stop can be synchronized with a camera using the HDMI port
- DR-701D audio signal can be output to an external camera or recorder from the HDMI OUT or line output
- Cascade function using HDMI connections allows multiple DR-701D transport and monitoring operations
- SMPTE Timecode can be input through the TC IN connector to add recording start times to files
- Timecode generator (RTC) allows recording start times to be added to files even when there is no timecode input
- Plug-in power mics and high output mics (EXT IN 1/2) supported
- (CAMERA OUT) connector can output audio mixed by the DR-701D to a DSLR camera
- (CAMERA IN) connector enables monitoring the sound from a DSLR camera through the DR-701D
- High quality audio output through a line output jack separate from the headphones jack
- Headphones jack with 50mW+50mW maximum output
- Tripod attachment threads (bottom), camera screw attachment that can be installed or removed with a coin (top) and shoe mount (top) included
- Handles on the left and right sides of the front protect the control surface and also enable attachment of a shoulder strap
- Transport and SLATE buttons made of rubber suppress noise during operation
- HOLD switch prevents misoperation
- 128×64-dot graphic LCD with backlight
- LED lights have high visibility even in direct sunlight
- High-speed transfer of files to computers possible using USB 2.0
- Micro-B type USB cable included
- Powered by 4 AA batteries, USB bus power or a PS-P515U AC adapter (sold separately)
- BP-6AA external battery pack (sold separately) enables operation for even longer times
- Optional RC-3F foot switch and RC-10 wireless remote control can be connected (both sold separately)
- Built-in mixer enables pan and level adjustments as well as solo monitoring and can output a mix of 4 channels
- GANG function allows the levels of multiple channels to be controlled simultaneously
- Individual channel trim settings shown
- 5-position low-cut filter (50/80/120/180/220 Hz) cuts unwanted low frequencies
- Multiband limiter automatically adjusts input overloads (stereo-linking possible with 1/L and 2/R)
- Delay function can compensate for distances between mics (+/-150 ms)
- Mid-side decoder function enables use with mid-side stereo mics
- Slate tone insertion functions (AUTO/MANUAL)
- Slate tone insertion points can be selected (recording start or recording start and stop when slate AUTO function used)