View Full Description
Included In The Box
- 1 x Shure SM57 Dynamic Microphone
- 1 x SubZero AI2 USB Audio Interface
- 1 x Tie Studio Flexible Broadcast Arm
- 1 x Small Microphone Windshield
- 1 x 20ft (6m) XLR-XLR Cable
- 1 x Microphone Clip
- 1 x Storage Bag
Shure SM57 Dynamic Microphone
Although famed as a workhorse instrument mic, the SM57 also has a long history as a professional vocal microphone. Presidents, podcasters, rockstars - they've all used it. But why?
For a start, the SM57's contoured frequency response sounds rounded and natural, effortlessly complimenting almost any voice. Whilst a gentle presence boost at 4kHz imparts extra clarity and definition to your audio.
What's more, the SM57's cardioid polar pattern focuses on the sound in front of it and rejects everything else. Minimum background noise means maximum clarity. Authentically capturing a song or speech is as simple as pointing the mic, and hitting record.
Legendary Shure durability
As tough as a mic can get. Shure’s reputation for building virtually indestructible microphones started with the SM57.
A slender, metallic enclosure and hard-wearing grille ensure the 57 can handle anything. It’s been rigorously tested to guarantee it will last for years. It has been heated, frozen, submerged in water and even dropped from buildings. And it still worked! Built like a tank, the SM57 is unstoppable.
“Every studio needs at least one, and possibly a half dozen. They not only sound good, but they can record practically anything.” - Tweakheadz
“Usable on just about any source in any context, and is probably the most popular microphone in history.” - Recordinghacks
SubZero AI2 USB Audio Interface
Create clean, professional recordings
The SubZero AI2 Audio Interface features two high quality XLR/jack inputs for connecting microphones and instruments such as electric guitars, keyboards and synths. The gain knobs let you set the level of your incoming signal, while the LED meters warn you if your audio is starting to distort. Helping you achieve the cleanest, purest sound possible.
Multiple listening options
Connect speakers and headphones to your subzero interface thanks to two XLR outputs on the back and a separate headphone output on the front. There's also a large volume control for your speakers, plus an independent volume control for headphones. Making it easy to jump between the two when recording or editing your audio. You can even switch the headphone output to mono - an incredibly useful feature when mixing.
The Subzero AI2 doesn't require an external power supply. It sources all its power from your computer, which makes it easy to set up and record in usual locations. Just plug in and go.
Plug and play setup
The SubZero SZ-AI2 USB audio interface is class compliant for MAC OS X. This means you can plug in and play, straight out of the box. For Windows systems, there's a simple driver (available online and on the included CD), which also features the SZ-AI2 control panel.
Shure SM57 Microphone
- Transducer Type: Dynamic
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 40Hz - 15kHz
- Sensitivity: -56.00 dBV/Pa - 1.60 mV/Pa
- Impedance: 150 Ω (310 Ω Actual)
- Connectors: XLR
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 157.0 x 32.0 x 32.0 mm
- Weight: 284 g
Tie Studio Flexible Broadcast Arm
- Material: Plastic and Metal
- Length: 750 mm max
- Weight: 575 g
SubZero AI2 USB Audio Interface Specifications
- Preamp: 1 per channel
- Type: 2x XLR/TRS Combination Inputs(Connect a microphone or instrument into each channel)
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz
- Impedance: 10kOhm line input, 3.3kOhm microphone input, 500kOhm Hi-Z input
- Max Input Level: +20dBu line input, +4dBu microphone input, +12dBu Hi-Z input
- Phantom Power: +48v Switchable
- Type 2 x XLR
- Frequency Response: 20Hz – 20kHz
- Max Output Level: +4dBu
- Max 24-bit / 96kHz
- ADC Dynamic Range: 102dBA@48kHz
- DAC Dynamic Range: 108dBA@48kHz
Dimensions: H: 47mm x W: 180mm x D: 117mm
- Weight: 1 kg
System Requirements and Supporting Software
- USB 2.0, Type B
- Bus-Powered Via Computer
- Windows/Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1 or 10 (32 or 64 bit)
- Driver May be Required - Included / Available as a download from Gear4music