View Full Description
UR824 Audio Interface
World-class microphone preamps
The UR824's front panel hosts two Neutrik combo TRS/XLR connectors for balanced microphone/line input with switchable 48 volt phantom power and Hi-Z, pad push buttons for signal attenuation, gain controls with peak indicators. On the opposite side there's a single output level rotary knob that allows you to easily adjust the levels of the eight line output signals alongside two headphone connectors, each with a dedicated level control.
The 24-bit, 192kHz sample rate ensures optimal audio quality when recording both vocals and instruments, capturing every nuance of your source material. The output signal to be controlled by the front panel rotary is selected through the software. The world class microphone preamps provide a rich and articulate tone, ideal for studio-grade recordings.
Built-in effects and versatile connectivity
For signal synchronization, the UR824 interface also features JetPLL, a patent-applied solution for audio network jitter. JetPLL provides the same performance as traditional, expensive clocking solutions found in the world's best professional clocking products. Also included with the UR824 is the Basic FX Suite VST 3 plug-in bundle with features three effect modules including: Sweet Spot, Morphing Channel Strip, REV-X and Guitar Amp.
These plug-ins provide with studio-quality effects, from adding Reverb to your vocal performances to emulating a guitar amp for instrument inputs. With its expanded I/O capabilities, the UR824 interface lets you hook up a vast number of equipment and instruments, the signals of which can also be fed via its high-speed USB 2.0 link to your computer for mixing and recording at a maximum audio resolution of 24 bits and 192 kHz.
The latest and greatest
Steinberg Cubase Pro 10.5 is the newest edition in the Cubase series, featuring a range of enhancements and upgrades designed to improve your workflow and audio performance. Cubase Pro 10.5 includes a range of new features including the new 'Lower Zone' that provides an intuitive yet tidy overview of your tools and editors, improving your workflow. The new 'Sampler Track' and 'EQ With Frequency' tools give you enhanced control over your audio. Delivering everything you need to record, mix and edit music, Cubase Pro 10.5 provides exceptional audio quality and an intuitive interface for digital musicians.
Steinberg Cubase Pro 10.5 is the latest in the series of Steinbergs award-winning DAW, featuring a range of new features and enhancements. A range of improvements have been added to the interface, designed to improve workflow including the new ‘Lower Zone’. The ‘Lower Zone’ window provides you with a concise and tidy overview of all your tools and editors, ideal for everything from home recording to multi-screen studio projects. The ‘Sampler Track’ feature allows you to import any piece of audio for quick and easy manipulation. The Sampler Track also comes complete with Caliedoscope, a dedicated sample library with hundreds of samples and presets to get you started.
A new Frequency EQ plug-in has also been added for in-depth equalisation. This can be used for everything from subtle high-passes to removing problematic frequencies and more. The in-depth Spectrum Display gives you a visual indicator of where your frequencies are hitting, for precise editing. You can also collaborate with artists easier than ever before thanks to the cloud collaboration tools that give you the ability to share your projects online.
Exceptional audio quality
At the heart of Cubase Pro 10.5 is the award-winning 32-bit floating-point Steinberg audio engine, delivering up to 192kHz 5.1 surround sound with flexible routing and automatic delay compensation for optimal audio quality and performance. Cubase Pro 10.5 also provides you with unlimited audio, instrument and MIDI tracks as well as up to 256 physical inputs and outputs so you will never run out of editing space – even with the most demanding projects.
Cubase Pro 10.5 comes complete with a varied range of outstanding instruments including over 3,000 sounds in total. One of the most prominent virtual instruments is the HALion Sonic SE 2 that builds on the success of the original HALion Sonic SE 2 with a wide range of rich sounding presets. The VariAudio tool is incorporated for MIDI-style note editing of monophonic audio tracks, allowing you to manipulate the pitch and correct the tuning.
Steinberg UR824 USB Audio Interface
- All-in-one recording and production bundle, everything you need to record, edit, mix and master your music
- Award-winning 32-bit floating-point Steinberg audio engine with up to 192 kHz, 5.1 surround, flexible routing and full automatic delay compensation
- Unlimited audio, instrument and MIDI tracks and up to 256 physical inputs and outputs
- MixConsole for pro mixing desk experience and integrated high-end channel strip, VCA faders, Loudness Meter, Wave Meters
- Complete suite of over 90 high-end audio and MIDI VST effect processors, including Quadrafuzz v2, VST Amp Rack and VST Bass Amp guitar and bass tone suites, REVerence convolution reverb, Frequency eight-band EQ and many more
- Comprehensive set of 8 outstanding instruments with over 3,000 sounds, including HALion Sonic SE 2, Groove Agent SE 4, Padshop, Retrologue 2 and LoopMash 2
- Intelligent compositional tools like Chord Track, Chord Pads and the advanced Chord Assistant for creative and playful composing of harmonic progressions and advanced voicings
- VariAudio for MIDI-style note editing of monophonic audio tracks, automatic voicing harmonization and auto-tuning effects
- 24-Bit / 192kHz audio interface
- High speed USB 2.0 connection
- 8 analog inptus and outputs
- 8 Class-A micr preamps with 48V phantom power
- Latency-free DSP-powered monitoring with a Rev-X reverb and 8 channel strips
- 8 XLR/Jack combined inputs mic/line
- 2 Hi-Z inputs
- Operating System:
- Mac: OS X 10.11 / macOS Sierra
- Windows: 64-Bit Windows 7 / 8.x / 10
- Processor: 64-bit Intel or AMD multi-core processor (Intel i5 or faster recommended)
- RAM: 4 GB RAM (8 GB or more recommended)
- Hard Disk Space: 18 GB free HD space
- Display: 1366 x 768 display resolution (1920 x 1080 recommended)
- Graphics: Graphics card with DirectX 10 and WDDM 1.1 support (Windows only)
- USB: USB port for USB-eLicenser (license management)
- Hardware: OS-compatible audio hardware (ASIO compatible audio hardware recommended for low-latency performance)
- CD Drive: DVD-ROM dual-layer drive
- Other: Internet connection required for activation, account setup, access to manual and personal/product registration. Additional downloads may be required for the installation
Please Note: Steinberg USB audio interfaces are now incompatible with OS X 10.11.1. Since the release of 10.11.1, Steinberg have discovered an issue with audio dropouts that can vary depending on the system. Steinberg apologise for any inconvenience that this problem may cause, and are currently working on a resolution for this problem.
For a full list of Steinberg products that are compatible with OS X 10.11.1, click here .