View Full Description
Variable Pattern Selector
One of the main features of the Sontronics MERCURY is that it gives you an infinite choice of polar patterns from omnidirectional, cardioid, to figure-of-eight, and everything in between. By using the sweepable control knob on the included power supply, you can switch seamlessly between each polar pattern with impeccable precision. When you switch through the polar patterns, you can hear the room opening and moving. Each polar pattern is precise, providing you with a truly accurate pattern.
The MERCURY is hand-built in the UK and utilises the highest-grade components, most of which have less than 1 percent tolerance. It also features a hand-selected and tested, European-made ECC81/12AT7 vacuum tube, which delivers superb results. The combination of quality components with Sontronics' engineering and passion, combine together to create one of the highest-quality valve microphones ever made. The MERCURY mic also features extremely low self-noise, providing you with clear recordings.
Sounds Stunning On Anything
The MERCURY is designed to sound stunning on whatever you're working on. It offers a huge amount of depth and richness, with plenty of character, warmth and detail. The Sontronics MERCURY is versatile and can be used on anything including vocals, pianos, strings, brass, woodwinds, guitars, drums, orchestral ensembles, and room miking. Whatever you're working with, the MERCURY will deliver those much needed results. The MERCURY provides you with a thick, full sound, as well as top-end shine. The microphone also features a -10dB pad switch for high-output instruments, and a low-cut filter switch to remove any unwanted low-end rumble that may be present in the recording space.
The microphone also comes with a range of accessories. Included is a bamboo box that accommodates the microphone, allowing you to store it away and protect it from any dust when not in use. A shock mount is also included. This features a clever locking lever that provides a much tighter grip to keep the microphone steady when recording. The included XLR mic cable ensures you can get set up and ready straight out the box. Additionally, an aluminium flightcase allows you to store all the accessories and the microphone together. The flightcase provides maximum protection for all your equipment when on the move.
"The Mercury is a classic microphone in the making. The level of detail and warmth in the sound reproduction make this an inspiring tool to use for recording." 10/10 MusicTech
Read the full review here.
"This is a truly great sounding and versatile valve mic bringing plenty of that character, that warmth and detail that many others simply cannot achieve at the same time." Audio Media International
Read the full review here.
- Premium-quality valve/tube microphone
- Variable polar patterns - controlled via the sweepable control knob on power supply
- Designed to sound stunning on anything
- Ideal for vocals, pianos, strings, brass, guitars, drums, room miking, and more
- Extremely low self-noise
- -10dB pad switch, low-cut filter switch
- Employs highest-grade components
- Huge amount of depth, richness, warmth, with plenty of character and detail
- Includes bamboo box for mic, power supply, shock mount, XLR mic cable, and aluminium flightcase
- Polar Pattern: Sweepable from omni to figure-of-eight & everything in between
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Pad: 0, -10dB
- Filter: Linear, 75Hz
- Sensitivity: 18mV/Pa -33dB ±1.5dB
(0dB = 1V/Pa @ 1,000Hz)
- Impedance: ≤200 Ohms
- Equivalent Noise Level: <12dB
- Max SPL (for 0.5 THD @ 1kHz): 125dB
- Power: 115/230V
*phantom power NOT required*
- Connector: 8-pin connector (mic),
3-pin XLR-M (power supply)
- Dimensions: 250 x 90 x 80mm
- Weight: 2.3g (mic only)