View Full Description
The KSM series
The pinnacle of Shure audio innovation. The KSM series has been meticulously engineered to give you phenomenal sound without compromise. Every single microphone in the series is built with premium components, providing you with years of superior sonic performance.
Capture the details that your critical studio sessions demand. Experience unprecedented clarity across the entire frequency range. And do it all with the knowledge that your mic can withstand even the harshest of stage environments. KSM microphones are the perfect way to make your sound stand out. And with such a diverse range of mics in the series, you're guaranteed to find one that meets your needs.
Capture instruments with clarity
When you're recording any instrument, you want to be able to capture every nuance of its sound. After all, the smallest details can make the biggest difference in any recording. That's why the KSM137 has been built to ensure that even the most minute of details are translated with precision. Whether it's acoustic or electric, a bass instrument or a lead, strings or percussion - the KSM137 provides a natural, accurate sonic image to give you the results you deserve.
Engineered for performance
There's a lot going on inside the KSM137. An ultra-thin (2.5 micron) 24-karat gold-layered low mass Mylar® diaphragm makes sure that this mic boasts a phenomenal transient response. This means that you can capture all of those precious, defined attack tones that make vocals, guitars, room mics, drum overheads, and an upright bass really shine in any recording.
Traditionally, a microphone with a fast transient response would struggle to deal with high SPLs. But with the KSM137, that couldn't be further from the truth. This high-performance condenser is capable of handling astronomical SPLs, all the way up to 170dB with the mic's -25dB pad engaged. To put that into perspective, the sound of a fighter jet taking off at just 25-metres away is 150dB. So it's safe to say that the KSM137 can handle some pretty extreme sound sources.
But there's so much more. A Class-A discrete transformerless preamp helps to add to the extremely fast transient response, as well as providing outstanding audio transparency. It also ensures that there is no crossover distortion, whilst keeping harmonic distortion to an absolute minimum. So you can enjoy crystal-clear sound from start to finish. The mic itself also boasts a subsonic filter, eliminating low frequency rumble from mechanical vibrations below 17Hz.
As well as the integrated subsonic filter, there's also a switchable low-frequency filter with three positions. Choose between flat, -6dB/octave below 115Hz, and -18dB/octave below 80Hz. This gives you even more control over the LF content of your sound, and allows you to compensate for the proximity effect or reduce background noise. You can also use the three-position switchable pad (0dB, 15dB, and 25dB) to handle extremely high SPLs.
In the Box
- 1 x Shure KSM137/SL Condenser Microphone
- 1 x A100C Case
- 1 x A100WS Windscreen
- 1 x A57F Stand Adapter
- Highly consistent cardioid microphone with exceptional sound isolation and a superior transient response
- Equipped with an ultra-thin 2.5 micron 24-karat gold-layered, low mass Mylar® diaphragm
- Class-A discrete transformerless preamplifier for transparency, an extremely fast transient response, no crossover distortion, and minimal harmonic distortion
- Constructed using premium electronic components, including gold-plated internal and external connectors
- Subsonic filter eliminates any low frequency rumble below 17Hz, often caused by mechanical vibration
- Features a three-position switchable pad (0dB, 15dB, and 25dB) for handling extremely high sound pressure levels
- Three-position switchable low-frequency filter helps to reduce background noise and counteracts the proximity effect
- Cartridge Type: Electret condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Sensitivity: -37dBV/Pa (14.1mV) (open circuit voltage, at 1kHz, typical, 1Pa = 94dB SPL)
- Maximum SPL: 145dB (no pad) / 170dB (-25dB pad) (1kHz at 1-percent THD)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 80dB (A-weighted)
- Dynamic Range at 1kHz: 131dB (5000 Ohm load), 125dB (2500 Ohm load), 120dB (1000 Ohm load)
- Clipping Level: 15dBV (5000 Ohm load), 9dBV (2500 Ohm load), 3dBV (1000 Ohm load) (20Hz - 20kHz, 1-percent THD)
- Self Noise: 14dB (equivalent SPL, A-weighted, typical)
- Common Mode Rejection: Greater than or equal to 50dB (10Hz to 100kHz)
- Attenuator: 0dB, -15dB, -25dB
- LF Filter: Flat, -6dB/octave below 115Hz, -18dB/octave below 80Hz
- Connector: 3-pin XLR, male, balanced
- Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3
- Power Requirements: 11-52VDC phantom power (IEC-61938), 4.7mA maximum
- Weight: 100g
- Product Code: KSM137/SL