View Full Description
Versatile Channel Strip
The SPL Track One is a highly versatile, high-end recording channel strip; boasting on-board processing tools such as a compressor, 3-band EQ and more. The Track One channel strip is the all-in-one solution for mono recording, allowing you to easily capture studio-grade recordings with both instruments and microphones. Its balance between an affordable price range and high-end performance, make it one of the most cost-effective channel strips on the market. Designed to meet the highest demand in sound quality and reliability, the SPL Track One boasts a wide-range of premium-quality components and the latest technology. It’s versatile design also allows you to combine two units together for stereo compression and wide capturing stereo tracks.
The premium-grade microphone and instrument preamps are highly transparent, providing plenty of gain for your chosen input. The high-end preamps provide up to 65dB of gain, allowing you to record higher volume sources such as electric guitars. 48V Phantom Power is also built-in to the unit, allowing you capture recording from condenser microphones. The transparent nature of the preamps results in studio-grade recordings every time, capturing every nuance from your source material in extreme detail.
One of the most unique aspects of the SPL Track One, is the integrated processing tools and effects, designed to bring the best out your inputs. The Track One channel strip features an on-board compressor, de-esser and 3-band EQ. The SPL De-esser is ideal for eliminating sibilance and plosive sounds, sometimes related to vocal recordings. The automatic threshold-adjusting function helps to compensate for the varying distance between the mic and the vocalist. This helps to de-ess the signal when its lower, compressing after so it doesn’t bring lower sibilants back up in level.
Compressor/Limiter & 3-Band EQ
The built-in compressor is ideal for treating vocals and instruments alike, with an added LIMIT switch that turns the compressor into a limiter. The compressor features its own potentiometer for precise control, allowing you to set the intensity of the compression. The compressor applies the soft-knee principle, processing earlier than with a hard-knee curve ensuring you retain the natural sound of your source material. Additionally, by linking together two SPL Track One units, you can utilise stereo compressor, as well as the ability to record in stereo. The built-in 3-band EQ is ideal for treating your audio before the compression/limiter stage, allowing you to dial-out low-end rumble from guitar recordings, to accentuating the high-end in vocal recordings.
Design & Connectivity
The vintage style design is robust and compact, with built-in rack ears for easy mounting capabilities. The robust design only takes up a single space on a studio rack, ideal for the space-conscious user. The central display on the front-panel shows metering for the output level as well as gain reduction and status LEDs for all major controls. The rear of unit features balanced XLR and ¼-inch TRS connectors for connecting both condenser microphones, dynamic mics and instruments such as electric and bass guitars. There is even a high-pass filter, which operates from a low 0Hz downwards with a high slope of 12dB/octave, removing unwanted low frequencies.
- Preamp stages optimized for all microphone types and instruments
- Built-in 48V Phantom Power
- Auto Dynamic De-Esser
- 3-band EQ
- Output stage with metering
- Balanced XLR and 1/4 inch TRS connectors
- 1U, rack-mountable design
- AD converter and mic input transformer available as optional extras (not included)
Input & Outputs
- Input Impedance: 12 kOhm (Line) / 1 MOhm (Instru)
- Max. Input Level: +28 dBu (Line) / +12 dBu (Instru)
- Max. Output Level: +20 dBu
- Output Impedance: 50 Ohm
- Frequency response:
- 10 Hz-200 kHz (Mic Input; 200 kHz = -3 dB)
- 10 Hz-180 kHz (Line/Instrument Input; 180 kHz = -3 dB)
- THD & N (A-weighted):
- 20 dB Gain: -97,5dBu (Mic Input)
- 40 dB Gain: -91,0dBu (Mic Input)
- 65 dB Gain: -69,6 dBu (Mic Input)
- 7 dB Gain: -98,4 dBu (Line/Instrument Input)
- 20 dB Gain: -95,8 dBu (Line/Instrument Input)
- 42 dB Gain: -77,2 dBu (Line/Instrument Input)
- Dynamic Range: 115 dB
- Common Mode Rejection: 1 kHz: -80 dB / 10 kHz: -68 dB (at -20 dBu)
Dimensions & Weight
- Toroidal Transformer: 15 VA
- Fuses: 315 mA (230 V/50 Hz); 630 mA (115 V/60 Hz)
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 482 x 44 x 210 mm; 19" x 1.73" x 8.27"
- Weight: 3.1 kg; 6.83lbs