View Full Description
High-End Thunderbolt Audio Interface
The PreSonus Quantum Thunderbolt is a high-end Thunderbolt 2 audio interface boasting ultra-low-latency performance and a wide range of connectivity. The PreSonus Quantum is redefining the audio interface world thanks to its affordable price range and wide range of premium-grade components and technology. The high-speed Thunderbolt 2 interface boasts up to 26 inputs and 32 outputs. The wide range of analog and digital connectivity means the Quantum can handle most recording and processing applications. The inputs consist of two combo mic/line/instrument inputs and six combo mic/line inputs, with a digitally-controlled XMAX preamp and individual +48V Phantom Power on each channels. Also included is two ¼-inch TRS main outputs, eight ¼-inch TRS aux outputs and two independent headphone outputs.
High-Definition Audio Fidelity
The high-definition audio performance is thanks to the audiophile-grade digital converters. Combined with the low-jitter clocking and recallable preamps, the Quantum delivers a recording experience like no other. The Quantum boasts a sample rate and audio resolution ranging up to 192kHz for high-definition mixing and recording capabilities. The premium-grade converters provide 120dB of dynamic range, capturing all the detail and natural harmonics, with no distortion. The high-class XMAX analog microphone preamps provide extremely high headroom, with a rich overall sound.
One of the most unique features of the Quantum interface is the ability to daisy-chain multiple units together to expand your connectivity options. You can link up to four Quantum interfaces via Thunderbolt, to gain access to up to 96 in and out connections. The BNC word clock I/O is designed to deliver tight synchronisation between digital audio devices.
The Quantum audio interface is easily integrated with PreSonus’ Studio One professional audio software. This opens up a new world of control, allowing you to fully integrate with the powerful software to control every aspect of your hardware. Once in Studio One, you can find full preamp control. You can also control your preamp levels wirelessly with the use of the free UC surface touch-control software.
Design & Construction
The road-rugged construction is built-to-last with its all-metal chassis and metal knobs, making it ideal for studio and live applications alike. The robust design is rack-mountable, taking up only a single unit of space in a studio rack. The front-panel gives you access to the two main mic/line inputs, and the main display gives you information on which preamp is use as well as the levels. There is also ten, 8-segment LED meters that provide precise visual monitoring for all your inputs. There is also a Talkback switch and internal Talkback microphone so you can communicate with artists while you are recording. The large volume potentiometer gives you precise control over your master levels, with dual headphone outputs located to the right hand side for private monitoring.
- 26x32 Thunderbolt 2 ultra-low-latency audio interface
- PreSonus’ fastest interface; record direct to DAW (no DSP)
- Stack up to four Quantum interfaces via Thunderbolt for a monster system
- Talkback switch and internal Talkback microphone
- Mute/Dim and Mono switches
- Assignable output level control
- 10 8-segment LED meters (8 input, 2 output)
- Tight integration with included Studio One® Artist DAW software (Mac/Windows) for multitrack music production and studio command features
- Wireless control over preamp levels from free UC Surface touch-control software (Mac®/Windows®/iPad®) and from free Studio One Remote for iPad
- Compatible with most recording software for Mac and Windows
- Simultaneous I/O up to 26 inputs/32 outputs (at 44.1 or 48 kHz)
- 2 front-panel combo microphone/instrument/line inputs
- 6 rear-panel combo microphone/line-level inputs
- 8 XMAX remote-controllable, Class A mic preamps with individually switched 48V phantom power
- 2 balanced ¼” TRS line-level main outputs
- 8 balanced ¼” TRS line-level outputs
- Line outputs are DC coupled for sending control voltages for analog gear
- ADAT Optical/Dual SMUX inputs/outputs: 16x16 channels at 44.1 or 48 kHz; 8x8 channels at 88.2 or 96 kHz
- Stereo S/PDIF coaxial input and output
- 2 high-volume headphone outputs with dedicated volume controls
- Thunderbolt 2 high-speed bus
- 24-bit resolution and up to 192 kHz sampling rate
- Top-quality 120 dB A/D/A converters
- BNC word clock input and output with low-jitter clocking
- MIDI I/O on 5-pin DIN connectors
- Road-rugged construction with all-metal chassis and metal knobs
- 1U rack-mountable
- 12 VDC external power supply (included)
Your order may contain items that use a 240V UK plug
Any electrical items in your order may have been designed to work with a 240V circuit, using a United Kingdom G type plug connection. An adapter or transformer may be required for these items to work properly and safely in your country. Some items work with a range of voltages, or have a switchable voltage control built in. Please refer to the specific product details for further information.