View Full Description
Rhythms Based on African Music Theory
The Zularic Repititor contains 30 rhythms from African, Indian, Latin, Funk and Rock roots, giving you a completely different flavour from any other Noise Engineering module. In the attached PDF manual you can find a list to all the patterns.
These patterns are split into OLD world and NEW world banks. These can be chosen using the World switch. It’s a great little tool for generating rhythms. The core patterns form the basis, and the variation can be achieved by offsetting the pattern it time relative to the base.
Once you’ve chosen your pattern, you can easily vary it. Use the MOTHER knob to choose the pattern, and then start tweaking the CHILD knobs to adjust offset in beats against the main rhythm. The offset is controllable by CV too, allowing for even more variation.
Each pattern outputs four parts and allows the offset of three parts relative to the mother. You’ll easily be able to get to grips with it. Once patched in, start adjusting the MOTHER KNOB and CHILD knobs to get a feel for how the offset works.
You can plug in up to three percussion/drum modules. This allows you to get more syncopated versions of the main pattern. You can also plug into the MEASURE input to reset the beat and create off time signature or poly rhythmic turnarounds against your clock signal.
Multiple Modes Including Random
Let’s get random. You can generate random rhythmic patterns in relation to the clock input. When all LEDs are lit in NEW bank, it will generate patterns at random. The MOTHER is set to 25 percent probability of triggering, and the CHILD knobs adjust the probability of their respective trigger outputs.
When all the LEDs are lit in the OLD bank, the module acts as a clock divider. The MOTHER output is automatically set to divide by four, and the CHILD knobs will affect their respective output’s decision. Experiment with LFO or Random CV for even more rhythm variation on patterns.
There’s two special modes. One turns the module into a three section CV/knob controllable divider, where the other one generates random gates where the probability is determined by the knob/CV.
- Rhythmic gate generator based on African music theory
- 30 patterns from African, Indian, Latin, Funk and Rock roots
- CHILD knobs for adjusting the offset of the patten
- Only requires a beat clock to run
- 2 modes:
- 1 - turns into a 3 section CV/knob controllable divider
- 2 - generates random gates where probability is determined by the knob/CV
- Connect 3 percussion modules for even more syncopated versions of the main pattern
- Reset button to pause the beat
- MEASURE input can be used to create off time signature or poly rhythmic turnarounds against clock signal
- Size: 8HP
- Depth: 20.32mm
- Power: 50 @ +12mA, 5 @ -12mA