View Full Description
Perfect for Thick Bass and Leads
Harder, darker, and rougher than any other module Noise Engineering have brought out. The Manis Iteritas is great if you’re looking to create some nasty, thick, and deep bass and lead sounds. It’s designed to make gritty, aggressive and dark industrial sounds, perfect for IDM and Techno.
You’ve got all the tools to create great synth sounds. You’ll find a pitch control, along with a low-pass filter, which can be used to take out the high frequencies – perfect for creating deep, low subby basslines.
There’s even Saw Mod (pulse width modulation) too, which lets you thicken up your sounds.
Manipulate, Modulate, and Distort
If dirty sounds are your thing, you’re in luck. The module only uses sawtooth waves, but these can be completely decimated using the controls to create a range of sounds.
By adjusting envelopes you can create punchy percussion with quick attacks and decays, or longer sounds like a long sub bass, and even basses that open up with the filter. Possibilities are endless.
It has the potential to absolutely crush sounds. The Smash control sets the level of destruction from subtle all the way to completely broken. You can also add a chorus effect too with the Profundity knob. This detunes the voice to give you a chorus effect.
The Manis Iteritas has three modes that change the way the module works – Skin, Liquid, and Metal. These allow you to produce different sounds. Skin is great for tonal sounds, as it is a six-operator additive synth. Liquid is the same, apart from it has a pitch envelope which is great for adding extra punch and attack.
Metal mode gives you two sets of three sequentially modulated oscillators rather than one set of six (like in the Basimilus). The metal mode waveshapes the output of the oscillators by summing two sawtooths of the same frequency to give a waveform somewhere between a sawtooth and a square.
- Based on the architecture of Basimilus Iteritas, but more gritty, dark and aggressive
- Ideal for creating bass, leads, drums
- Pitch, low-pass filter, envelope controls
- Distortion and chorus-like effects
- Saw mod - pulse width modulation style control
- 3 modes:
- Skin - six-operator additive synth (great for tonal sounds)
- Liquid - same as skin but with pitch envelope (great for adding extra punch and attack)
- Metal - gives you 2 sets of 3 sequentially modulated oscillators
- Size: 10HP
- Depth: 38.1mm
- Power: 150/80 (if 5V on) @ +12mA, 5/5 @ -12mA, 0/90 (optional) @ +5V