View Full Description
Two-Channel Random Rhythm Generator
The Mutable Instruments Marbles Random Sampler is a highly versatile random noise and rhythm generator featuring an internal clock and a programmable quantizer. At the heart of the Marbles Random Sampler is the dual-channel random rhythm generator. This rhythm generator can be used to achieve chaotic patterns and sequences, with three generation models with CV-controlled bias parameter for optimal flexibility. The first model provides random routing of each clock pulse to either of the outputs, choosing via random number generation. The second model provides a selection of a random division factor for one output. The third generates randomised kic and snare patterns, using a process like the Mutable Instruments Grids. It features three gate outputs in total, with t2 acting as the main output.
Random Voltage Generator
Also included in the Marbles Random Sampler is a premium-grade random voltage generator with an all-analog signal path. The random voltage generator provides 3 outputs in total, as well as distribution control and an adjustable range spanning 0 - +2V (for melodies) 0 to +5V, -5V to +5V. The comprehensive control section features distribution parameters in the form a SPREAD control, allowing you to toggle between constant, bell-shaped, uniform or discrete settings. The BIAS control changes the generated voltage on either the bottom or top of the voltage range. The random voltage generator is perfect for sound design and experimentation, offering a wide range of sounds and tones.
Post-Processing & Programmable Quantizer
The Marbles Sampler also features a range of other parameters designed for shaping and sculpting your sound including quantisation. The ‘Step’ parameter gives you control over the steppiness/quantization of the output voltages. Turning the control clockwise triggers a progressive quantizer for the voltages, reducing the probability of a note hitting outside of the intended scales. You can also turn the control the other way to boost the slew rate of the outputs voltages, helping to provide a smooth and continuous curve. The qunatizer boasts 6 scales in total, which can be programmed by playing a short jam in the target scale.
Versatile CV Processing
Three outputs are included within the versatile design, following the settings on the control panel, or you can toggle the settings to react in the opposite ways. The module features a wide range of versatile connectivity including the ability to record external CV in place of the Déjà vu loop parameters. All the changes performed on the random voltage generator can used on external voltages.
- Versatile random noise sampler module
- Internal clock with adjustable rate (with V/O CV input), or division/multiplication of an external clock
- Rhythm follower/predictor to lock onto uneven clock divisions or rhythmic patterns
- Two-channel random rhythm generator
- Three gate outputs with three generative models
- Adjustable gate durations
- Random voltage generator with 3 outputs
- Distribution control for voltage generator with adjustable range
- CV post-processor with built-in qunatizer
- Programmable qunatizer with 6 programmable scales
- Three outputs can follow the settings on the control panel
- Random loop and shuffling with Deja Vu parameter
- External CV processing
- TLDR: live remixing of external sequences
- Type: Analog random source
- All Inputs: 100k impedance, DC to 3.2khz
- Maximum Input Clock Rate: 1kHz for the t Section, 8kHz for the X section.
- Refresh Rate: 32kHz
- DAC: 14-bit with accurate software calibration – error below 1mV
- CV capture: 12-Bit
- Output Levels: -5V to +5V for CVs (largest setting), 0V to +8V for gates
- Input CV Range: -5V to +5V
- Other: Front panel with Computer Modern labels