View Full Description
Ideal For Mixing & Mastering
The Mackie HR824 MK2 is a reference-grade active studio monitor designed for professional music/video applications. The HR824 builds on the success of the original HR series from Mackie in the early ‘90s, improving the overall design with modern innovations to bring audio accuracy back to the forefront. The result is exceptional sound reproduction, picking up every nuance of your sound with immense detail, ideal for mixing and mastering purposes. As well as being ideal for mixing, mastering and producing music; the HR824 MK2s are THX pm3 approved, making them ideal for your home theatre or gaming system as well as being great for post-production in video.
The bi-amplified design features separate onboard amplifiers for each of the drivers. The amplifier boasts active crossovers and time-correction circuitry, ensuring the two drivers work together perfectly for optimised audio performance. The HR824 MK2 is comprised of a 8.75-inch low-distortion woofer and a 1-inch titanium dome tweeter which drive the sound. The studio monitor also features built-in protection circuitry, ensuring the monitor is protected from damaging input levels for added durability. The unique cabinet design also helps to absorb internal reflections and dampen standing waves for improved transients.
Zero-Edge Baffle & Passive Radiator
One of the most unique design aspects of the HR824 MK2 is the aluminium Zero Edge Baffle. This precisely constructed curvature is designed to minimise diffraction, resulting in a crystal-clear image of your mix, allowing you to easily control sound waves for a detailed sound image. The result is clear and defined frequency bands, with a powerful low-end, articulate mids and sparkling highs, giving you a full and accurate picture of your mix. The integrated passive radiator replaces the bass-reflex port of many conventional studio monitors. The passive radiator helps to reproduction low frequencies with minimal distortion at high sound pressure levels for unparalleled bass response.
Robust Design, Versatile Connectivity
The ultra-wide sweet spot means the HRH24 MK2s can be used either vertically or horizontally for added versatility. Because of this, Mackie have made the logo rotatable so no matter which way the monitor is set up, the logo can be turned to the correct orientation. The sleek wooden cabinet features custom internal bracing for improved strength and durability. It also helps to absorb internal reflections using an open-cell adiabatic foam material in the optimum position. A power indicator is included in the form of an LED light, turning from white to red when the levels are pushed to far. The light is designed to work well in both well-lit and darker environments for added convenience. The rear of the monitor features crossover switches for Acoustic Space, Low Frequency and high Frequency, as well as a three-position switch for toggling the power mode. It also boasts connection for headphones, XLR and RCA on the rear.
If you have chosen to purchase this spectacular Mackie product on or after the 12th of September, 2019, you're in luck! From this date, this product comes with ProTools First and The Musician Collection of 23 plugins and instruments (click here to see the full list of plugins). Click here to create your account. Simply follow the instructions on the landing site and get mixing. Don't worry if you already have an account, you can setup a new account to receive this free software. All you need is your Mackie serial number, which can be found on the back of your product.
"Vocals seem alive and bass can get very low due to the passive radiator. If you liked the originals then you will like these monitors also."
- Scott Trask, Radio Magazine
- Premium-grade active studio monitor ideal for mixing and mastering applications
- Builds on the success of the original HR series form the 90s
- Exceptional audio fidelity with linear frequency response
- Zero-edge baffle provides crystal clear imaging
- Ultra-wide sweet spot for finding optimal listening position
- Bi-amplified design with active crossovers and time-correction circuitry
- Passive radiator provides powerful low-end response with minimal distortion
- THX pm3 approved – ideal for home theatres, gaming and video production
- Wooden cabinet with internal bracing absorbs internal reflection with open-cell adiabatic foam
- Rotatable logo for versatile positioning
- LED power indicator
Low Frequency Driver
High Frequency Driver
- Diameter: 8.75 inches (222mm)
- Sensitivity (2.83V, 1 m): 91 dB SPL
- Nominal Impedance: 4 ohms
- Voice Coil Diameter: 1.6 inches (40 mm)
- Frame: Die-cast magnesium
- Magnet: Ferrite
- Fully Shielded: Ferrite opposing magnet
Connectivity & Controls
- Sensitivity (2.83V, 1m): 91 dB SPL
- Nominal Impedance: 6 ohms
- Power Handling (Long Term/Program): 20/50 watts
- Frequency Range: 1.6 kHz to 22 kHz
- Diaphragm/Suspension: Titanium with polymer suspension
- Voice Coil Diameter: 1.0 inch (25.4 mm)
- Magnet: Neodymium
- Bucking Magnet: Ferrite opposing magnet
- Input Type: Balanced Differential (XLR and 1/4" TRS) Unbalanced (RCA)
- Input Impedance: 20 K Ohms Balanced 10 K Ohms Unbalanced
- Input Protection: RFI and Level Protected
- Maximum Input Level: +20 dBu
- Low Frequency Filter:
- -3 dB @ 37 Hz, 2nd-order transitional high-pass filter
- -3 dB @ 47 Hz, 4th-order Chebyshev high-pass filter
- -3 dB @ 80 Hz, 4th-order Butterworth high-pass filter
- HF Equalisation: ±2 dB @ 10 kHz, shelving
- Acoustic Space:
- A position: –4 dB @ 50 Hz, shelving
- B position: –2 dB @ 50 Hz, shelving
- C position: Flat
- Compressor: Independent high and low frequency overload detection
- Low Line Voltage Shut Down: 60 percent of Nominal Line
- Thermal Protection: Amplifier Shut-Down, Auto Reset
- Muting: 5 second at turn-on
- Driver Protection: Independent LF and HF detection, overall compression
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 42.5 cm x 27.3 cm x 35.1 cm (16.8 x 10.8 x 13.8-inches)
- Weight: 15.7kg (34.6 lb)
Your order may contain items that use a 240V UK plug or a 220V EU plug
Any electrical items in your order may have been designed to work with a 240V circuit, using a United Kingdom G type plug connection or a 220V circuit, using an EU plug connection. An adapter or transformer may be required for these items to work properly and safely in your country.
Some items work with a range of voltages, or have a switchable voltage control built in. Please refer to the specific product details for further information.