View Full Description
Industry standard components
The wide range of connectivity that the Ultralite provides makes the interface suitable to take on any task thrown at you. Utilise the on-board hi-Z inputs for optimised line-level recordings. Guitar, bass, synths, keys. You name it. Thanks to their optimised design, these inputs excel on it. Your direct recordings have never sounded so good. Take advantage of the line outputs to easily re-amp these signals.
From drums to strings, and pianos to vocals. It's hard to make bad recordings when you've got MOTU preamps in your set-up. These studio-grade preamps guarantee crystal clear, transparent reproduction of virtually any instrument or voice. Their low-noise floor and extensive dynamic range makes every source sound wholly natural. So much so that upon later playback, you'll be forgiven for forgetting that you're not in the same room as the artist!
Polished sounds from the get-go
The Ultralite comes complete with its very own integrated digital mixer. Thanks to its large-console format consisting of 48 channels, seven stereo buses and 32-bit effects processing, you'll feel right at home and will be able to achieve polished results before you've even pressed record.
Incredibly versatile, the on-board classic reverb is capable of producing decay times of up to 60 seconds. Whether you're emulating the the vibe of small drum rooms, or the feeling of falling into oblivion, it'll feel like anything is possible with this reverb in your set-up.
Sculpt your sound using the four band parametric equaliser. Inspired by the iconic range of British consoles that were used when making classic albums for the likes of Bruce Springsteen, Queen and Sting. This EQ offers unparalleled surgical precision when it comes to tonal shaping.
Tame your dynamics with the fat, warm sound of optical compression. Modelled on the iconic LA-2A compressor, you'll be taken right back to the golden age of recording. This compressor is perfect on acoustic instruments, kick drums, basses, electric guitars and vocals.
Years of reliable, continued use
Incredibly versatile. The Ultralite has been designed to connect with any operating system. This means you'll be able to use the interface for many years to come without worrying about future compatibility issues.
Make a connection
One of the greatest features of the Ultralite is its Ethernet connection point. This enables you to link MOTU devices that are equipped with AVB together. This can be achieved in a variety of ways. The easiest is to directly connect the units via a standard Ethernet cable. For more expansive set-ups you're best using the MOTU AVB Switch (not supplied).
To make the most of your Ultralite connect it directly to a wireless router (not provided). This allows you to use your laptop, phone or tablet to manipulate the internal mixer and on-board processing. There's no need for installation drivers either, it's web based! This means you can use your preferred browser on any device as long as you're operating on the same network.
- Includes eight line outs including dedicated main left and right outputs
- Headphone output features its own volume control
- Extended the possibilities of your set-up via the optical I/O
- Send any input to any output thanks to flexible routing
- Compatible with iPad/iOS (w/ Camera Connection Kit) and other USB 2.0 audio class-compliant hosts
- Includes AudioDesk recording software for Mac and Windows
- Computer Connectivity: USB 2.0
- Form Factor: Desktop
- Simultaneous I/O: 18 x 18
- Number of Preamps: 2
- Phantom Power: Yes
- A/D Resolution: Up to 24-bit/192kHz
- Built In DSP/FX: Yes
- Analog Inputs: 2 x XLR (mic), 2 x 1/4" (Hi-Z), 6 x 1/4" TRS (line)
- Analog Outputs: 2 x 1/4" TRS (main), 6 x 1/4" TRS (line)
- Digital Inputs: 1 x Optical Toslink (ADAT, SMUX, S/PDIF)
- Digital Outputs: 1 x Optical Toslink (ADAT, SMUX, S/PDIF)
- Headphones: 1 x 1/4" TRS
- MIDI I/O: In/Out
- USB: 1 x Type B 2.0
- Data I/O: Ethernet (AVB)
- Software: AudioDesk
- OS Requirements - Mac: iOS/iPad compatible (with camera connection kit)
- OS Requirements - PC: USB 2.0 audio class compliant hosts
- Power Supply: 15V DC power supply
- Height: 1.75"
- Width: 8.6"
- Depth: 7.0"
- Weight: 2.5 lbs.
- Product Code: ULTRALITE-AVB