View Full Description
Music is a highly emotive subject, each song is the outpouring of the musicians' feelings and emotions. That's why during the recording process communication between artist and producer is essential. The 828ES features a talk-back microphone and front-panel talk button. This allows you to converse with the artist, regardless of where you're positioned in the building. Even if you're not in the same room, the direct communication allows you to be upfront with your ideas for development. The ability to clearly communicate enables you to take charge of your sessions.
The finest preamps
The wide range of connectivity that the 828ES provides makes the interface suitable to take on any task thrown at you. Utilise the on-board combi-jack inputs for optimised line-level recordings. Guitar, bass, synths, keys. You name it. Thanks to their optimised design, these inputs excel on it. Your direct recordings have never sounded so good. Take advantage of the line outputs to easily re-amp these signals.
From drums to strings, and pianos to vocals. It's hard to make bad recordings when you've got MOTU preamps in your set-up. These studio-grade preamps guarantee crystal clear, transparent reproduction of virtually any instrument or voice. Their low-noise floor and extensive dynamic range makes every source sound wholly natural. So much so that upon later playback, you'll be forgiven for forgetting that you're not in the same room as the artist!
Polished sounds from the get-go
The MOTU 828ES comes complete with its very own integrated digital mixer. Thanks to its large-console format consisting of 48 channels, seven stereo buses and 32-bit effects processing, you'll feel right at home and will be able to achieve polished results before you've even pressed record.
Incredibly versatile, the on-board classic reverb is capable of producing decay times of up to 60 seconds. Whether you're emulating the the vibe of small drum rooms, or the feeling of falling into oblivion, it'll feel like anything is possible with this reverb in your set-up.
Sculpt your sound using the four band parametric equaliser. Inspired by the iconic range of British consoles that were used when making classic albums for the likes of Bruce Springsteen, Queen and Sting. This EQ offers unparalleled surgical precision when it comes to tonal shaping.
Tame your dynamics with the fat, warm sound of optical compression. Modelled on the iconic LA-2A compressor, you'll be taken right back to the golden age of recording. This compressor is perfect on acoustic instruments, kick drums, basses, electric guitars and vocals.
Optimised protection at all times
Just like every MOTU interface, the 828ES comes complete with a durable, lightweight aluminum alloy chassis. This is perfect for enduring the vigors of live performance and continued use. Thanks to this premium exterior, your interface will look and sound as fresh as the day it left the factory!
To make the most of your 828ES connect it directly to a wireless router (not provided). This allows you to use your laptop, phone or tablet to manipulate the internal mixer and on-board processing. There's no need for installation drivers either, it's web based! This means you can use your preferred browser on any device as long as you're operating on the same network.
- Optimised drivers yield round-trip latency as low as 1.6ms at 96kHz via Thunderbolt and 1.9ms via USB
- Monitor signal activity at a glance via dual LCD screens
- Features two great-sounding microphone preamps with dedicated sends, switchable pads, and phantom power
- Eight analog inputs support a wide variety of line-level gear
- Extend the capabilities of your system via the 16 channels of ADAT optical digital I/O and stereo S/PDIF
- Includes integrated talkback mic with front-panel talk button and A/B speaker select buttons
- MOTU's AVB audio networking expands your system with additional AVB-equipped audio interfaces
- Create an AVB network via optional AVB Switches with support for up to 5 compatible interfaces
- Max Bit Rate (bit): 24
- Sample Rates (KHz): 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192 kHz
- 2 x XLR/TRS "combo style" inputs
- 8 x 1/4" TRS line inputs (balanced/unbalanced)
- 8 x 1/4" TRS line out (balanced, DC coupled)
- 2 x male XLR with +20 dBu max
- 2 x 1/4" TRS stereo headphone
- 2 x 1/4" TRS sends (pre-converter)
- Power Supply: Mains Adapter
- Weight(g): 1800
- Dimensions: 48.3 x 17.75 x 4.5 cm
- System Requirements (PC): Windows 7 or later, Android
- System Requirements (Mac): OS X 10.8 or later, iOS
- Product Code: 828ES