View Full Description
Transparent sound – ideal for mixing and mastering
From mixing and mastering to video production and DJing, the LP-6 can adapt to any situation. The Lone Pine Series from Kali Audio is designed to offer highly transparent sound at an affordable price. Capture every nuance from your mix and hear subtle details that conventional speakers will miss. Transparent sound ensures that your mix will translate well to different mediums. This means no matter what system you play your music on it will sound at its best.
At the heart of the Kali Audio LP-6 is a powerful Class-D amplifier. This integrated amp ensures clean and reliable power, optimised to provide the best performance for the HP-6. The speaker provides you with 40W of power for the 6.5-inch woofer.
The reference-level output provides you with 20dB of headroom at the listening position. The wide amount of headroom ensures that even the loudest mixes are translated clearly.
3D imaging waveguide – immersive soundstage
The built-in 3D waveguide provides a highly immersive soundstage. It captures spatial detail that conventional speakers wont pick up. The result is a wider and deeper sound that is more cohesive. This allows you to work faster and make more informed decisions about your mix.
Low noise port tube delivers superior bass performance
Feel the bass. The specially-designed low noise port is unlike conventional bass ports. It works by making sure all the air leaves the port at the same velocity. This ensures you don't attract unwanted resonance resulting in an obscured low-end. The result is powerful yet clean bass performance, eliminating any extra noise.
EQ boundary control – optimise your sound for any space
Finding the correct listening position for your speakers can make or break your mixes. Especially in the modern era with smaller spaces and home-studios. A speaker placed against a wall or on a desk will react differently to a speaker on a stand or an acoustically treated room. Ensuring you find the best listening position will optimise the performance of your studio monitor.
The rear of the LP-6 features carefully tuned controls, providing compensation EQ settings to find the best possible sound. Kali Audio calibrated their EQ tuning at The Village Studios in Los Angeles. This combined with the low and high frequency trims, ensures the studio monitor can adapt to any space.
As well as the EQ controls, the rear panels feature a variety of analog connections. The LP-6 provides you with an array of inputs, comprised of XLR and TRS input, as well as an unbalanced RCA input. The RCA input even features a -10dBu sensitivity setting. You can use this to optimise the performance for use with laptops or smartphones.
"US based company Kali Audio may be a new name in monitoring, but after trying out a new pair of their LP 6s, it seems they’ve pulled out all the stops in endeavouring to deliver the highest level of performance. The LP-6 is a very capable and serious speaker for the price." - Soundonsound
- Transparent sound makes your mix translate well onto different systems
- 3D imaging waveguide provides immersive and deep soundstage
- High dynamic range captures every nuance of your source audio
- Low distortion for optimised acoustic performance
- Low noise port tube delivers powerful bass response
- Easy to use boundary EQ controls for adapting to any space
- Amplifier: Class-D
- Power Configuration: Bi-Amp
- LF Power: 40 W
- HF Power: 40 W
- Total Power: 80 W
- LF Driver: 6.5" Woofer
- HF Driver: 1" Soft Dome Tweeter
- Freq. Response: (-10 dB) 39 Hz - 25 kHz
- Frequency Range: (±3 dB) 47 Hz - 21 kHz
- Crossover: 1.5 kHz
- Max SPL:112 dB
- Unbalanced Inputs: 1 x RCA
- Balanced Inputs:
- TRS/XLR Input Sensitivity: +4 dB
- RCA Input Sensitivity: -10 dB
- HF Trim: -2 dB, ±0 dB, +2 dB
- LF Trim: -2 dB, ±0 dB, +2 dB
- Boundary EQ Settings:
- Free space (On stands, away from walls)
- On stands, within .5 meters of a wall
- On stands, against a wall
- Meter bridge
- Wall Mount
- On a desk, away from walls
- On a desk, within .5 meters of a wall
- On a desk, against a wall
- Enclosure: Front Ported
- Height: 14.125 Inches (35.9 cm)
- Width: 8.75 Inches (22.2 cm)
- Depth: 10.25 Inches (26 cm)
- Product Weight: 15.54 lbs (7.01 kg)
- Shipping Weight: 18 lbs (8.16 kg)
Your order may contain items that use a 240V UK plug
Any electrical items in your order may have been designed to work with a 240V circuit, using a United Kingdom G type plug connection. An adapter or transformer may be required for these items to work properly and safely in your country. Some items work with a range of voltages, or have a switchable voltage control built in. Please refer to the specific product details for further information.