View Full Description
Innovative Three-Way Design
The Focal Trio6 BE is designed to deliver studio-grade audio quality in a compact and innovative monitor design. The three-way design features a 8'' subwoofer, 5'' woofer and a 1'' Beryllium inverted dome tweeter for exceptional high-end performances and pulsing, deep low-end response.
The 8'' subwoofer is constructed from a composite sandwich cone, complemented by its integrated large port, making it easier to position near the front wall and maintaining excellent low-frequency linearity. The large front port ensures consistence performance regardless of SPL levels.
The 5'' composite sandwich cone woofer is incorporated in an isolated chamber within the speaker cabinet, optimising its acoustic performance and audio quality. The two-front facing ports provide optimal bass reflex, allowing the monitor to perform the same in both two-way and three-way configuration.
The 1'' pure Beryllium inverted dome tweeter delivers wide dispersion and exceptional frequency response resulting in a transparent yet powerful audio performance. The audio linearity and quick dynamics produce an unrivaled impulse response.
The three-way configuration combines all these components to deliver exceptional, studio-grade audio fidelity and acoustic response, while retaining its transparent qualities, perfect for referencing mixes and mastering audio
As well as the three-way configuration, the Focal Trio6 can be configured as a two-way monitor also. This innovative design makes it the perfect tool for monitoring and references mixes, giving you an overview of what they will sound like on different configurated speakers. The two-way configuration works by enabling only the 5'' woofer and the tweeter giving you a more limited frequency range of 90Hz to 20kHz. This provides the perfect setting for checking the quality of a mix in relation to different playback system such as TVs or car systems. The middle frequency range is critical to a good mix, and this two-way configuration allows you to zone in on certain frequencies and ensure the levels are right and hitting in the right range.
This powerhouse of a monitor features a range of premium-quality components that result in its exceptional audio quality and innovative functionality. One of the most unique aspects of the design is the rotating baffle. The rotating baffle allows you to optimise the position of your speakers (whether they are horizontal or vertical) to ensure maximum efficiency. The baffle is capable or rotating a full 360 degrees in 90 degree increments for added versatility.
- Two monitors in one with remote switching: a quick and effective way to compare the mix translated to a compromised speaker system
- Beryllium inverted dome tweeter: state-of-the-art speaker design and material producing wide uncompromised dynamics, linearity, and wide dispersion
- W composite sandwich cone: state-of-the-art speaker material producing a neutral, distortion-free sound
- Rotating baffle facilitates both horizontal and vertical setups
- LF and HF shelving, 160Hz EQ simplifier room integration
- High SPL accommodates all musical styles
- Remote pedal (not supplied) switching for FOCUS mode (two-way or three-way configuration)
- Three control knobs for adjusting low and high frequencies and 160Hz notch
- 3-Way Mode: 35Hz - 40kHz (+/- 3dB)
- 2-way mode (Focus): 90Hz - 20kHz (+/- 3dB)
- 3-Way Mode: 115dB SPL (peak at 1m)
- 2-way mode (Focus): 105dB SPL (peak at 1m)
- Type/Impedance: Electronically balanced / 10KOhms
- Connectors: XLR
- Sensitivity: Adjustable, +4dBu ou -10dBv
- Main Voltage: 230V (class T fuse 1.6A fuse rating) - 115V (class T fuse
3.5 A fuse rating)
- Wiring: Detachable IEC power cable
Indicators And Controls
- Rear Panel: Input sensitivity selector (+4dBu/-10dBV)
Low frequency shelving (+/- 3dB from 35 to 250Hz)
High frequency shelving (+/- 3dB from 4.5 to 40kHz)
EQ low-mid frequencies (+/- 3dB at 160Hz, Q factor = 1)
FOCUS input / FOCUS output
- Bass: 200W, class G
- Midrange: 150W, class G
- Treble: 100W, class AB
For more information on the Focal Trio6 BE please refer to the PDFs above.
- LED: Focus mode on, audio clipping and protection indicated by LED on front panel
- Dimensions including 4 rubber feet (HxWxD): 201/2" x 1015/16" x 143/16" (520 x 278 x 360mm)
- Weight: 44 lbs (20 kg)
Your order may contain items that use a 240V UK plug or a 220V EU plug
Any electrical items in your order may have been designed to work with a 240V circuit, using a United Kingdom G type plug connection or a 220V circuit, using an EU plug connection. An adapter or transformer may be required for these items to work properly and safely in your country.
Some items work with a range of voltages, or have a switchable voltage control built in. Please refer to the specific product details for further information.