View Full Description
Exceptional Audio Fidelity and Performance
Ferrofish are renowned for their innovative conversion technology. The unique tech delivers exceptional sound reproduction and conversion, ideal for professional-grade applications. The Pulse 16 MX provides the same pristine sound that the Pulse 16 does, whilst providing additional MADI I/O connectivity.
The Pulse 16 MX has 16 x16 analog channels, with each channel boasting sample rates ranging up to 192Khz (with MADI). This ensures the converters captures every nuance of your input signal, ideal for studio-grade processing. The fully balanced analog inputs has the ability or process levels up to +20dBu, making it ideal for virtually any sound source.
Multimode MADI Transmission and MIDI Connectivity
MADI is a professional audiuo format use to transfer up to 64 channels over 2KM. The Pulse 16 MX can operate in single-mode or multi-mode, allowing you to daisy-chain multiple units for more demanding applications.
You can daisy-chain up to four units to transmit 64 analog inputs and 64 outputs at 48kHz. You can also connect the interface to other MADI devices using the optical MADI-SFP connector.
The rear of the unit also includes MIDI I/O connectivity in the form of a 5-pin MIDI port. The MIDI port features an opto coupler making it galvanically isolated. This gives you the ability to control multiple devices by daisy-chaining them through the MIDI port. You can also use them to embed or extra MIDI signals from the MADI port for added versatility.
Versatile Controls and Integrated Headphone Output
The Pulse 16 MX features a headphone output positioned on the front where any mono or stereo signal can be listened to. This is ideal for monitoring input and output levels, allowing you to make informed changes on the fly. The two TFT displays provide you with accurate visual information with 32 levels, allowing you to precisely control the signals when needed. The screen allows complete control of all levels and settings on the device. Additionally, the Pulse 16 MX works seamlessly with Ferrofish's A32 converter.
One Converter - Three Concepts
The Pulse 16 converters are available in three different versions: as Pulse 16 with ADAT, as Pulse 16 MX with ADAT and MADI and as Pulse 16 DX with additional DANTE interfaces. This means that 16 x 16 analog inputs and outputs can be integrated in almost any digital environment and, in the case of MADI, also very comfortably via SFP modules.
- Cirrus Logic 24 Bit / 192 kHz converter
- 16 x16 channels analog I/O
- All I/O (32 analog channels) via MADI at 192 kHz
- Optical MADI I/O (SFP module)
- Single- or multimode-operation via SFP module
- Wordclock I/O (BNC)
- MIDI I/O for remote control
- Routing matrix
- 2 x TFT screens allow complete control of all levels and settings on the device
- Active-jitter-elimination circuit
- Input gain of all analog channels switchable in 1dB steps (-8 dBu to +20 dBu)
- Output level of all analog channels switchable in 1dB steps (-8 dBu to +20 dBu)
- Integrated headphone output for monitoring
- Fan-less design for optimal audio performance
- 19“, 1 RU rackmountable construction
- ADAT I/O:
- 4 + 4 optical ports
- 32 channels @32kHz, 44.1kHz, 48kHz
- 16 channels @64kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz
- 8 channels @128kHz, 176.4kHz, 192kHz (MADI MX option required)
- Latency: 2 samples
- MADI I/O:
- SFP cage for MADI single-mode or multi-mode SFP module
- 64 channels @32kHz, 44.1kHz, 48kHz
- 32 channels @64kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz
- 16 channels @128kHz, 176.4kHz, 192kHz
- MIDI-over-MADI implemented
- Latency: 2 samples
- 2 x BNC: In / Out
- Switchable input termination of 75 ohms
- MIDI I/O:
- MIDI Standard 1.0 / 1996
- 2 x 5pin I/O port for remote control
- Translation from MIDI to MIDI over MADI possible
- A/D converter: 2 x CS5368 (Cirrus Logic)
- Outputs (analog):
- 16 x TRS ¼” (6.3mm), female
- Digital gain: +20dBu...-8dBu in single steps of 1dB
- Latency: @48kHz: 12/fs, 0.25ms, @96kHz: 9/fs, 0.09ms,
- @192kHz: 5/fs, 0.03ms
- D/A converter: 2 x CS4365 (Cirrus Logic)
- Inputs (analog):
- 16 x TRS ¼” (6.3mm), female
- Digital sensitivity: +20dBu...-8dBu in single steps of 1dB
- Latency: @48kHz: 7.8/fs, 0.16ms, @96kHz: 5.4/fs, 0.06ms,
- @192kHz: 6.6/fs, 0.03ms
- Op-Amps: RC4580
- Display: 2 x Colour-TFT Display
- 1 x ¼” (6.3mm) TRS jack, stereo.
- Selectable mono or stereo source
- Digitally controlled volume level
- Digitally controlled PLL with active jitter reduction
- Output jitter: 50ps ... 100ps typ.
- Int. Clock: TCXO (temp. compensated oscillator) with high accuracy
- Initial Accuracy: +/-1.5ppm
- Temperature Drift: +/-2.5ppm
- Aging: +/- 1.0ppm
- Fuse: Polyfuse, internal, self-resetting
- Power Supply: external PSU (12 Volts, 3 amps) included
- Power Required: typ 15VA
- Height: 1RU
- Depth: 19cm (7.5”) (jack dimensions included)
- Weight: 2 kg (4.4lbs)
- Temperature: +5° to +45° celsius
- Humidity: < 75 percent, non-condensing
Your order may contain items that use a 240V UK plug or a 220V EU plug
Any electrical items in your order may have been designed to work with a 240V circuit, using a United Kingdom G type plug connection or a 220V circuit, using an EU plug connection. An adapter or transformer may be required for these items to work properly and safely in your country.
Some items work with a range of voltages, or have a switchable voltage control built in. Please refer to the specific product details for further information.