View Full Description
Accurate, Clear & Efficient Controller
The MONITOR ST handles all your complex signal routing effortlessly thanks to its dedicated controller that saves you from needing to re-route around your studio and move from your sweet spot. Input source selection, speaker switching, cue system, talkback functions and headphone amplification are all tucked into one rack space and controlled via the comprehensive customisable remote. Sporting an ergonomic and intuitive design, the MONTOR ST controller provides you instant access to all the its features. Starting from the left, the remote control features a gain control that brings -10dBV devices up to +4dBu pro level as selected, allowing you to monitor from your computer, iPod, DVD player and more without massive volume knob compensation. In the middle, the remote allows you to noiselessly switch between three different sets of monitors (a sub can also be added), a tool many professional mastering engineers need for referencing accurately. When your sub is added, you can also toggle between your three monitors and share the same sub across them all. If speakers are not matched in loudness, you can change their settings with the remote control and store these settings, so every time you switch between your monitors, they will all be at the matched volume. Additionally, you can switch between four analogue sources. Mute and solo any speaker or combination to check your mix with the dedicated buttons, or switch between a mono and stereo mix. The AUX button allows you to send the AUX input to the control room speakers that lets you check the click track, or monitor the headphone jack to audition sample libraries. You can also change the talkback, mono, solo, mute and dim buttons to latch or release for convenience.
Whether you're recording, mixing or mastering, you need to hear every nuance of detail in your audio to be able to create professional and successful productions. The MONITOR ST doesn't hold you back from hearing honest audio. Whether you're evaluating a new microphone, preamp or EQ, MONITOR ST lets you judge all these with confidence. MONITOR ST is constructed with nothing but the best components, ensuring sound or quality is not hindered. All components are selected for both performance and sound, tested rigorously to ensure stunning imaging, headroom, punch and detail. The MONITOR ST is the gold standard for monitor referencing.
MONTIOR ST features four analog inputs, three speaker outputs, and a stereo subwoofer output with programmable level offset and filter that can be assigned to any of the three speakers. All the ins and outs on the MONITOR ST can be custom calibrated with onboard, programmable level offsets that you can instantly recall for different devices and configurations. Handed a mastered CD from your client for comparison with your mix? No problem. The input 4 level pot turns down the input 4 source as necessary, meaning you can turn down the level of the CD player to compare the CD to your mix. As we know, your rough mix shouldn't be anywhere near the super high mastered volume level of the CD just yet. The headphone amplifier can receive both the main mix or AUX in for custom artist mixes, and on top of that, the AUX input can be layered with any of the four main inputs.
All Analog Volume Knob & Switching
MONITOR ST's volume knob never colours your sound or skews your stereo image at any level. You can go from extremely quiet to loud levels with the same frequency response and no noise. With the elegantly-shaped knob, you'll always get crystal clear sonics with perfectly accurate volume level recalls no matter where you're using large or small monitors.
- Only the best components for crystal clear monitoring
- Pristine and powerful 20W/channel headphone amp
- Programmable remote control handles all your speaker switching, cue, talkback, input source selection and monitor offset control
- Customise the five analogue inputs, three speaker sets and dedicated subwoofer output
- Assignable stereo subwoofer output includes programmable level trim and filter
- Analogue stepped-attenuator volume control keeps same frequency response at all levels
- Adjust for and store level offsets for different devices
- Input level compensation for -10dBV and +4dBu sources
- Talkback system with dual control and dedicated slate output
- Gain Tracking Accuracy: Better than 0.05dB for 6 channels
- THD+N: 0.002 percent
- IMD: 0.003 percent
- Frequency Response: 1Hz - 100kHz within 0.2dB
- Crosstalk Rejection: >95dB
- Nominal Input Level: +4dBu or -10dBV
- Crossover: -3dB @ 57Hz 18dB/octave modified Butterworth/Chebyshev
- Dynamic Range: 110dB
- Maximum Level: +25dBu
- Headphone Amp: 0.002 percent THD+N
- Headroom: +25dBu to main outputs
- Remote Dimensions: 312.2 x 106 x 39mm (WxDxH)