View Full Description
Professional Sound & Processing
The Dangerous Music MASTER is one you can rely on, every day for the whole of your career. MASTER combines together the professional mastering controls with crystal clear sonics, pristine sound quality, and transparent and silent operation. Any sound engineer that relies on analogue mastering equipment will benefit from giving the MASTER a home at their studio. Top-shelf analogue equipment gets no higher than this, allowing you to produce professional masters day in, day out.
Mastering Controls At Your Fingertips
MASTER puts all the essential controls on the front panel for easy access, enhancing your workflow and keeping your creativity at full force. On the left you have individual left and right input level controls that let you perfectly set the stereo image, ideal for compensating for any imbalances in the mix. Precision is what's needed for this and that's exactly what MASTER delivers. Minuscule steps of 0.5dB with .01dB of gain-tracking accuracy between channels lets you get your stereo image perfect at any volume. The controls are stepped so they are more precise, allowing for repeatable moves. Next is the input monitor offset control, a critical element that lets you make confident comparative judgements without being clouded by misleading changes in volume. The offset control lets you match levels between your processed (output) and unprocessed (input) signal.
Legendary Onboard Mid/Side Processing
Wanting to add some spread and width to your mix? With MASTER you can do that instantly thanks to its onboard mid/side processing that resides on insert 2. MASTER gives you separate control over the mid and sides of the stereo mix without compromising other aspects of the stereo image. It works by encoding and then decoding the stereo signal, acting as a sum-and-difference matrix. The S&M button triggers stereo or middle sides mode on insert 2, allowing you to activate you inserted stereo EQ. This removes the centre material temporarily so you can then accurately process the extreme left and right signals without colouring the centre material. For example, is a lead vocal is too bright but the guitars panned to the sides are dull? The bass in the middle is muddy and the guitars on the sides need some bottom grunt? You can use stereo EQ in S&M to fix both problems. Additionally, the WIDTH knob lets you quickly adjust the relative level of the mid and stereo material without needing any outboard gear connected, enhancing the perceived width of the stereo image.
Integrate Your Best Analogue Processors
On the front are three switchable inserts that let you tie together all of your EQs, compressors, limiters and de-essers. The switches let you punch each of them in and out as you need, in any combination, allowing you to compare your processed and unprocessed sound. Additionally, the Dangerous Music Master features a dedicated monitor output that accompanies two stereo output paths, allowing you to route to multiple paths in your studio. Route to your A/D converter, tape machine, path bay or wherever you need that signal to be. The two inputs are selectable on the front panel, allowing you to conveniently switch between them.
- Legendary Chris Muth circuit design with pristine audio quality
- Stepped controls throughout
- Transparent and silent operation
- Seamless connection with the Dangerous Liaison
- Integrated Mid/Side processing
- 2 stereo inputs, 3 stereo outputs (one for monitoring)
- 3 insert loops with switchable control (2nd insert capable of MS matrix operation)
- Crystal clear accuracy and robust musicality
- Width control on front panel for easily widening your mix
- Precise, individual left and right volume controls
- Input/output monitor level matching
- Multiple outputs to reach all destinations in studio
- Input and Output Controls: +/-5dB in 0.5dB steps
- Input Monitor Offset: -2 to +8dB in 0.5dB steps
- Width Control: -4 to +6dB in 0.5dB steps
- Attenuator Accuracy: >0.01dB
- THD+Noise in Audio Band: <0.0018 percent
- IMD 60Hz + 4kHz 4:1: >0.0025 percent
- Crosstalk Rejection: Better than 111dB @ 1kHz
- Headroom: > +27dBu, +23dBu in the matrix under worst case conditions
- Frequency Response: Better than 0.2dB down @ 1kHz and 100kHz
- Noise Floor: < -92dBu total energy in the audio band
Your order may contain items that use a 240V UK plug
Any electrical items in your order may have been designed to work with a 240V circuit, using a United Kingdom G type plug connection. An adapter or transformer may be required for these items to work properly and safely in your country. Some items work with a range of voltages, or have a switchable voltage control built in. Please refer to the specific product details for further information.