View Full Description
A closer look
The core of the Baby Bottle SL displays the quality and attention to detail that put the microphone in the elite bracket. The Baby Bottle SL is a pressure-gradient, cardioid condenser microphone, employing a custom-designed diaphragm that has been tuned to perfection. The diaphragm is constructed with a 6-micron mylar film, sputtered with pure gold, tensioned by brass backplates.
The circuitry onboard the Baby Bottle SL retains the high standards shown throughout the design by utilising a hand-selected, Class A fully discrete circuit. The Class-A circuit combined with the onboard transformer ensures that the sound that you record, hits the diaphragm and is transduced as accurately as possible, creating a pure and transparent signal path. This allows you to hear in unrivalled accuracy your sound source, letting you make more informed decisions on your microphone placement.
Studio-Grade audio quality
The Baby Bottle SL is a cardioid mic and is designed to reject off-axis sound arriving at the back of the capsule, allowing you to have the cleanest recording possible, putting your instrument at the front of the mix. The hand-tuned capsule and custom Class-A discrete circuitry ensure optimal audio quality when it comes to recording. The response ranges from a richly present midrange with a deep bottom and smooth top end exceptional presence and clarity. The refined sonic accuracy and streamlined build ensure you capture every nuance of your source material, whether it be vocals or instruments. The Baby Bottle SL can be a staple of your microphone collection, allowing you the possibility to record any instrument in a session with ease. Use it on a vocal performance for a big sound with maximum fullness and brightness, use on an electric guitar cabinet to capture the grit and energy, or even on drums for attack and definition.
Re-Design Of A Classic
The Blue Baby Bottle SL Condenser microphone takes the original Baby Bottle design and adds a range of enhancements to capture the true character of your sound. One of the most prominent additions is the Filter and Pad switches. The new switchable 100Hz high-pass filter is ideal for removing unwanted low-end from your input audio, perfect for removing background noise from vocal performances and taming even the most unruly of bass guitars. The -20dB pad ensures your sound is kept pure regardless of instrument type, vocal performance and the environment you are recording in. The Blue Baby Bottle SL is designed to work great with home studio USB audio interfaces, for optimal audio performance and flexibility.
- Warm, classic sonic signature that flatters an array of voices and instruments
- High output with richly detailed frequency response
- High-pass filter and -20dB pad for ultimate versatility
- Gold-sputtered Mylar diaphragm
- Custom class-A discrete circuitry
- Ideal for capturing vocal performances and instruments alike
- Works great with home studio USB audio interfaces
- Complete with wooden storage box, custom shockmount
- Transducer Type: Condenser, Pressure Gradient
- Polar Patterns: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20Hz – 20kHz
- Sensitivity: 39.8 mV/Pa at 1 kHz (1 pa = 94 dB SPL)
- Output Impedance: 50 ohm
- Rate Load Impedance: Not less than 1k ohm
- Maximum SPL: 134dB SPL (1k, THD 0.5 )
- S/N Ratio: 83.2 dB-A
- Noise Level: 10.8 dB
- Dynamic Range: 123.2 dB
- Power Requirement: +48V DC Phantom Power
- Weight: 410g
- Dimensions: 222.5mm x 51.5mm
- HPF: 100Hz, 12db per octave
- PAD: -20dB
- Product code: 836213001134