View Full Description
Studio quality in an instant
Endlessly auditioning microphones can be time consuming and frustrating. Which is why Shure have built the PGA27 - a super-versatile mic you can put in front of pretty much anything. And immediately get that clear-cut studio sound. But how does it do it?
For a start, there is a generous high frequency boost between 6-8kHz. Which brings forward that satisfying presence and definition you can never quite achieve with EQ. And the mic’s sensitive condenser capsule will preserve the tiniest sonic details. Making the PGA27 an immediate 'go to' when recording vocalists and delicate acoustic instruments.
And unlike other affordable condenser microphones, the PGA27 isn’t just detail and treble. It responds to those deep frequencies we feel, all the way down to 20Hz. So it’s more than capable of capturing the warmth and weight of bassy instruments too.
Don't fix it in the mix
After you’ve spent hours recording, the last thing you want to do is spend hours trying to fix things. Which is why the PGA27 has some nifty features to help you get your sound right, before you hit record.
The three-position bass roll-off switch stops boomy low frequencies from getting out of control. There’s no need to worry about the troublesome proximity effect causing havoc with your mix. If your voice is sounding a bit bottom heavy, no problem. Simply adjust the low end to suit you.
There’s also a 15dB dip switch. So the loudest of instruments can be captured clearly, without a trace of distortion. Amps, brass and even full drum kits can be recorded in pristine quality.
Shure build the most reliable microphones in the world.
The PGA27 Large Diaphragm Condenser has been rigorously tested to make sure it can handle almost any environment. It has survived the heat, cold, humidity and the ‘Shure drop test’. With its robust metallic finish and bend-resistant grille, the PGA27 will be your recording companion for years to come.
Included In The Box
- 1 x PGA27 Large Diaphragm Side-Address Condenser Microphone
- 1 x Shock Mount
- 1 x Carrying Case
- Large diaphragm design accurately replicates the full dynamic range of your instrument
- Wide frequency response (20Hz - 20kHz) for lifelike capture of any sound source
- Cardioid polar pattern rejects background noise and keeps your sound clear
- -15dB attenuation switch lets you record loud instruments without distortion
- Tailor your sound - bass roll-off switch for refining low end
- Super durable construction and rugged metal grille
- Padded storage case for lifelong protection
- Transducer Type: Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Connectors: XLR
- Requires Phantom Power: Yes
- Sensitivity: -35.00 dBV/Pa - 17.80 mV/Pa
- Output Impedance: 115Ω
- Equivalent Selfnoise: 15 dB(A)
- Sound Pressure: 130 dB SPL (Pad Off), 145 dB SPL (Pad On)
- Weight: 453 g