View Full Description
606 style drum machine for the modern era
Behringer keep bringing the classics back to life, with the RD-6 basing its design on a classic drum machine. The 606-style design captures the essence of the original, with new connectivity and enhancements to bring it into the modern era. The compact drum machine is perfect for creating loops and sequences on the fly. It provides you with eight distinct and powerful drum sounds that complete with accent and mix parameter controls to change the tones of your sounds on the fly.
It even includes the sought-after clap sound, taken from another classic drum machine. This certain clap sound has been used relentlessly in dance music and modern trap/hip-hop music. The sounds are crisp and powerful, capturing the nuances that made the original one of the most iconic drum machines ever made. From in-your-face bass drums to crisp hi-hats, the RD-6 retains the same authentic drum sounds like the original.
64 step sequencer with in-depth controls
Sequence and loop percussion on the fly. The RD-6 has an onboard 64-step sequencer which you can use to create loops and percussive ideas on the fly. You can mix between the eight drum sounds on offer, creating song ideas and grooves that you can use in music production. From the studio to the stage, the in-depth controls allow you to change and manipulate sounds with ease, perfect for creating ever-evolving loops.
The step sequencer allows you to switch between 32 patterns in real-time so you can build up your sequences, perfect for live performances. You can make songs up to eight and a half minutes in total by chaining patterns together, giving you the ability to progress through grooves. The ergonomic layout features 26 buttons and 11 knobs in total, giving you versatile control over your sounds and levels.
True analog circuitry complete with onboard distortion
Behringer have painstakingly recreated the authentic analog circuitry that made the original sound so crisp and powerful. It retains the original design with 16 step buttons complete with LED indicators. The recreation of the original circuitry utilises matched transistors to capture the tonality and power of the iconic drum machine.
Push your drums to the limit using the distortion circuitry that was modelled after the RAT synthesizer’s onboard effect. The distortion allows you to push the boundaries of your sonic limits, adding spice and edge to your drum sounds.
Compact design with USB and MIDI connectivity
The compact design makes the RD-6 highly portable, ideal for taking with you anywhere you go. Bringing it into the modern era, Behringer have incorporated both MIDI and USB connectivity so you can easily use the RD-6 with your favourite music production software. It also features a wide variety of connectivity including outputs for each of the eight drum sounds. The RD-6 is also available in a myriad of different colours to suit your style.
- 606-style drum machine with USB and MIDI connectivity
- 8 analog drum sounds from kicks, hats, claps, and more
- 64-step sequencer
- Built-in distortion effect
- Real-time switching of up to 32 patterns
- Authentic analog circuitry with matched transistors
- 3.5mm jack output for each voice
- Patch points for interfacing with other equipment
- Drum Sounds: 8
- Circuitry: Analog
- Power Input: DC input connector
- Power Switch: Push button on/of
- USB (MIDI): USB 2.0, type B
- MIDI In, Out / Thru: 2 x 5-pin DIN
- Start / Stop: 1 x 1/4" TS
- Mix Out: 1 x 1/4" TS, unbalanced, 1 k ohms impedance
- Voice Output: 6 x 1/8" TS, unbalanced, 100 ohms impedance
- Sync In / Out: 2 x 1/8" TRS (Tip is clock and Ring is the start message) more than: 2.5 V
- Trigger Outs: LT and HT 2 x +15 V, 1PPS/24PPQ/48PPQ 50 pulse length, 2PPQ narrow pulse length.
- Phones: 1 x 1/8" TRS, stereo, 15 ohms impedance
- USB: Class compliant USB 2.0, type B
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7 or higher Mac OS X 10.6.8 or higher
- Pattern Capacity: 2 x 16 patterns
- Steps: 16 steps
- External Power Adapter: 9 V DC, 670 mA
- Power Consumption: 2 W max
- Indicator: Power LED
- Operating Temperature Range: 5°C – 40°C (41°F – 104°F)
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 56 x 305 x 165 mm (2.2 x 12 x 6.5")
- Weight: 0.9 kg (2.0 lbs)
- Shipping Weight: 1.6 kg (3.5 lbs)
- Product Code: RD-6-TB
Your order may contain items that use a 240V UK plug or a 220V EU plug
Any electrical items in your order may have been designed to work with a 240V circuit, using a United Kingdom G type plug connection or a 220V circuit, using an EU plug connection. An adapter or transformer may be required for these items to work properly and safely in your country.
Some items work with a range of voltages, or have a switchable voltage control built in. Please refer to the specific product details for further information.