View Full Description
Powerful, defined sound
The Avantone Mondo is the perfect solution for recording and processing kick drums, on stage or in the studio. The Mondo features a custom-tuned capsule designed to bring out the best from your bass drum. The Mondo has a cardioid pickup pattern, providing off-axis rejection; helping to pick up only the kick drum, isolating the rest of the kit from your recordings. The rich yet defined sound, provides optimal power when it comes to the low frequency response. This helps your kick drum cut through any mix with minimal processing or EQ’ing. As well as being ideal for kick drum recordings, the Mondo can also be used for bass cabinet, djembes, timpani, large floor toms and more.
Sleek, robust construction
The eye-catching red finish not only looks good, but makes it ideal for use on stage or in the studio. The robust construction features internal shock=mounting on the capsule helping to minimise unwanted rumble from physical vibrations for an improved sound. The microphone is constructed from die-cast zinc with a brass and steel grille for optimal durability. The microphone also comes complete with a rugged SSM shock mount for easy mounting and refined sound.
Complete with shock mount and case
As well as including the high-quality kick drum microphone, the Mondo comes complete with a range of accessories. The SSM shock mount provides optimal decoupling of the mic from unwanted low frequencies and problematic rumble. The result is a tighter and less muddy sound, with focus on power and definition.
The O-rings are constructed from world-class Ethylene Propylene, making it resistant to weathering, moisture and more. The shock-mount is constructed from die-cast zinc, also for optimised durability. Additionally, the microphone comes complete with a heavy-duty, custom-moulded padded case, allowing you to safely store and transport your microphone.
- Dynamic cardioid kick drum microphone
- Provides powerful, aggressive sound with minimal need for processing
- Excellent off-axis rejection for isolated recordings
- Also ideal for recording bass cabs, djembes, timpanis, floor toms and more
- Rugged die-cast zinc designed with brass and steel grill
- Cabernet wine-red finish with polished nickel trim
- Complete with SSM shock mount & padded carry case
- Type: Dynamic
- Polar Pattern(s): Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 15kHz
- Output Impedance: 210 Ohms
- Maximum SPL: 145dB
- Output Connector: Male XLR 3-pin
- Power Requirements: N/A
- Weight: .5 kg (16 oz)
- Finish: Cabernet / Black / Nickel
- Product Code: AV-MONDO