View Full Description
The full range, rugged, mini-reference monitor features a cabinet design made from dense MDF for high rigidity and inherent low-resonance characteristics, finished with a black Polyurethane high gloss. The Mixcube also features high-end nickel plated, machined solid metal binding posts (Dual banana spacing) mounted on a black anodized, milled and silk-screened aluminum terminal plate. On the base of the Mixcube there is a 7mm thick neoprene pad to serve as a skid-resistant acoustic isolator. Additionally, for creative mounting situations, an industry standard 5/8"-27 mic stand mount is fitted into the base.
The 5.25" die cast aluminum frame driver/cone assembly exceeds the performance of the original 5C Sound Cubes. The mounting bezel is then polished for an elegant appearance. The custom designed paper cone is chosen for its musical character and is crafted using the finest New Zealand pulp with mica fibers, making it sturdy yet lightweight. The cloth surround is made in Japan to exacting uniform thickness tolerances. The Top Plate and T-Yoke of driver are made of Sumitomo 1008 low carbon steel enabling the highest modeled flux density in the gap. The magnets are Y- 40 GRADE (MIL-SPEC) yielding a 43oz. High Power-low distortion motor structure.
The shielded aspect of the Avantone Active Mixcube means that it can be placed near a TV or CRT video monitor without causing any problems due to interference. The ideal position for this studio monitor is for it to be kept at ear level and slightly angled towards the engineer. The bottom mic stand mount will also allow you creative positioning options in unusual studio playback situations.
Enjoy a smooth, more open, transparent top end response and extended bass with the Avantone Mixcubes. It is important to make mixing judgments based on the clearest audio possible, such as that from studio monitors, rather than smaller, "bass-challenged" systems such as televisions, clock radios, computers, car stereos and iPod docking stations.
- System Type: Active (Self-powered) shielded full-range stereo speaker
- Frequency Response: 90Hz - 17,000Hz (useful musical range)
- >Driver Impedance: Nominal 8 ohms
- Max SPL: 104db @ 1 meter = 1 THD (PINK NOISE)
- Amplifier Type: Class A/B
- Amplifier Power: 60 watts RMS@ .005 THD (1KHz)
- Amp Frequency Response: 22Hz-50KHz +0dB/- 3dB (90Hz-50KHz +/-0dB)
- Noise: S/N -113 dB
- Sensitivity: 0dBu (.775VRMS) input at maximum volume (+6dB) = 104dB SPL
- Driver: Proprietary design 5.25" cast aluminum frame / paper cone / shielded
- Cabinet: sealed / 18mm MDF / Dacron acoustical stuffing
- Inputs: XLR & TRS (COMBO JACK) +4/Balanced and -10 unbalanced
- Weight: 7 lb 5 oz (per speaker)
- Dimensions: 165mm x 165mm x 165mm (6 1/2" x 6 1/2" x 6 1/2" in)
Your order may contain items that use a 240V UK plug
Any electrical items in your order may have been designed to work with a 240V circuit, using a United Kingdom G type plug connection. An adapter or transformer may be required for these items to work properly and safely in your country. Some items work with a range of voltages, or have a switchable voltage control built in. Please refer to the specific product details for further information.