View Full Description
Mid-Heavy Sound Exposes Mix Flaws
Accurate sound is what we all want when mixing. But maybe not all the time. The Avantone CLA-10's will ensure your mix translates well on other speaker systems. There's nothing flat about the frequency response on the CLA-10's. Like the originals, the CLA-10's produce a mid-heavy sound, which is great at exposing the flaws in your mix. Perfect your mix on these, and your mix will sound great everywhere.
Offering 60 - 20000Hz frequency response, you'll be able to hear every essential frequency to create a well-balanced, professional mix. And with a max SPL of 90dB, you can really turn them up to get your sound pumping, without the distortion.
Perfect for Pop and Rock Engineers
If you listen to Pop or Rock, you'll most definitely have experienced the CLA-10's work. Although they are a completely new pair, the sound has been recreated exactly to match the originals. They can be heard on tracks by Demi Lovato, Green Day, Tina Turner, Cher, Muse, Slipknot, Sum 41, and much more.
Avantone and Chris Lord Alge have worked together closely, utilising Avantone's manufacturing expertise and Chris Lord Alge's mixing expertise to create a monitor that is sure to define future hits.
Accurate Reproduction of a Classic
Avantone have built the CLA-10's from scratch. This ensures they are able to get as close to the original infamous studio monitors as possible, a pair used on many Pop hits. The result? No tonal difference or response between the CLA-10's and the original, providing a matched pair.
Cabinet and Drivers
A huge amount of attention has been put into ensuring the performance matches the original speakers. Everything has been kept the same. The only difference is the rear terminal plate uses a better grade connector to ensure they last as long as you want them to.
The crossover network uses the same value capacitors, the inductors exactly match the original in dc resistance, winding dimension and values, and the AV10-MLF woofer cone is made to match the original. The difference is the cone. Avantone have gone with a pressed cone instead of a lapped cone, which allows tighter control over stiffness and weight. Avantone's rigorous testing revealed no different in sound or response from theirs and the original. A truly faithful modern reproduction that is sure to be used on many future hits.
- Recreation of the famous white-coned studio monitor that engineers have sworn by for decades
- Mid-heavy sound exposes flaws in your mix
- Perfect your mix on these, and your mix will sound great on any system
- Identical to the originals
- System Type: Passive - full-range two-way stereo pair
- Frequency Response: 60Hz - 20,000Hz (accessible musical range)
- Power Capacity: Program – 60W, maximum – 120W
- Sensitivity: 90dB SPL (1W, 1m on axis)
- Components: Low frequency (AV10-MLF 18cm cone) / High frequency (AV10-MHF 3.5cm soft dome)
- Cabinet: 10.4 liter sealed design, 18mm MDF with real wood veneer
- Cabinet Dimensions: 381.5mm x 215mm x197.5mm
- Cabinet Weight: 6.3kg (each)