View Full Description
Recording with the iD4 MKII is an experience like no other. You'll be hard pressed to find an interface in this price range that features converters this good. Thanks to these, you'll be able to hear every last nuance of every single performance. This ensures that you'll be able to mix faster with a greater degree of accuracy.
Powerful headphone amplifier
Incredibly versatile, the iD4 MKII comes complete with a dual jack connection point. This allows you to use whatever headphones you feel most comfortable with, whether they have a standard or mini jack connection point. Thanks to an impedance of 6000 Ohms, the interface is also capable of driving the most power hungry headphones at a satisfying level.
Direct sounds to DI for
One of the hardest things to master is a good DI sound. Whether it's bass, guitar or keyboards, this signal often ends up unused as it can sometimes sound "thin" and "sterile". The iD4 MKII renders this a thing of the past. Audient has purposely included a JFET instrument input. Based on the sound of classic valve amplifiers, this is perfect for injecting warmth and harmonics to make each of your direct recordings sound larger than life.
As your sessions progress and more plug-ins and virtual instruments are added, latency can be introduced. This can be a real nightmare when you're recording as the delay between what you hear and what you play is off putting and can make the simple task of laying down basic overdubs feel impossible. Monitor Mix allows you to instantly create the perfect blend between your computers audio and the sound being picked up by the iD4 MKII. This can be adjusted to suit the wants and needs of every musician and task.
Recording and mixing is made easy thanks to the iD4's volume knob. This doubles up as a virtual scroll wheel that can be used to instantly dial in settings, adjust volume and even write automation moves. Thanks to this, you'll be to map out intricate details, without spending hours using a track pad and staring at your computer screen.
As the iD4 MKII is bus powered you'll be able to use this interface absolutely anywhere. There's no need for a power socket, just plug it into your laptop, or iOS device and you're good to go.
- Easily re-amp and distribute your signal to hardware via the two line outputs
- Works with most modern iOS devices
- Record latency-free with Monitor Mix adjustment
- Utilise your favourite condenser microphones via phantom power
- Built to last thanks to all metal design
- Mic gain: 58dB
- Mic pre EIN: 128dB A-Weighted
- Mic pre SNR: 100dB A-Weighted
- Mic pre THD+N: Less than 0.002 percent
- Frequency response (at unity gain): ±0.5dB 10Hz to 40kHz
- ADC Dynamic range: 121dB
- ADC THD+N: Less than 0.001 percent
- Line output dynamic range: 126dB A-Weighted
- Line output THD+N: Less than 0.0005 percent
- Frequency Response: ±0.1dB 10Hz to 40kHz
- Headphone amp (with USB-C host):
- Max Power with 30Ohm load: 220mW
- Max Power with 62Ohm load: 280mW
- Max Power with 600Ohm load: 100mW
- Power requirements:
- USB 3.0: 900mA at 5V
- USB-C: 1.5A at 5V
- iD4 iPad Support Note: Older/low end iPads might not be supported - recommend use with
USB-C enabled iPads. Need to verify older iPads.
- Product Code: iD4MKII