View Full Description
The definitive choice
The Shure SM57’s uncanny ability to get great results in almost any scenario has secured its place as the quintessential instrument mic.
The 57 translates the power of seriously loud instruments to your recordings. And can handle intense sound pressure levels without distorting. When you place it in front of a guitar cab, its popularity will make sense. That’s the guitar sound you’ve loved on countless albums. Loud and clear.
This is in part thanks to the mic’s contoured frequency response, which sounds rounded and natural. Whilst a gentle presence boost at 4kHz imparts extra clarity to your sound source. Capturing the authentic sound of your instrument is as simple as pointing the mic, and hitting record.
The SM57 is also the mic at the heart of so many impressive drum sounds. The cardioid polar pattern focuses on the sound in front of it, and rejects everything else. Minimum spill means maximum clarity and punch. And thanks to its super sturdy construction, there’s no chance of stray drum hits damaging the mic.
From the White House to the recording studio
Although famed as an instrument mic, the SM57’s versatility doesn’t end there. It has been the official microphone of the White House since 1965. Every single president since John F. Kennedy has spoken into a 57 when addressing the nation. Why? Because it’s the most reliable microphone out there.
In fact, the SM57 has been a popular choice for many voices over the years. The vocals on the Red Hot Chili Pepper’s Californication were sung into a 57. As well as The Killer’s Hot Fuss. It’s the mid-range boost that help vocals cut through a mix. And unlike sensitive condenser mics, even the most powerful singers won’t overload it.
Legendary Shure durability
As tough as a mic can get. Shure’s reputation for building virtually indestructible microphones started with the SM57.
A slender, metallic enclosure and hard-wearing grille ensure the 57 can handle anything. It’s been rigorously tested to guarantee it will last for years. It has been heated, frozen, submerged in water and even dropped from buildings. And it still worked! Built like a tank, the SM57 is unstoppable.
“Every studio needs at least one, and possibly a half dozen. The reason is they not only sound good, but they can record practically anything.” - Tweakheadz
“The definitive ‘workhorse’ microphone. Tough, pragmatic and versatile, you’d be hard pressed to find a professional studio without one.” - Enmoreaudio
“Usable on just about any source in any context, and is probably the most popular microphone in history.” - Recordinghacks
Included In The Box
- 1 x SM57 Dynamic Instrument Microphone
- 1 x Standard Boom Mic Stand
- 1 x 20ft (6m) XLR-XLR Cable
- 1 x Standard Microphone Clip
- 1 x Storage Bag
- Iconic dynamic microphone for live sound and studio recording
- Frequency response tuned to compliment most instruments
- Presence boost at 4 kHz adds clarity and definition
- Built to handle incredibly high sound pressure levels
- Cardioid polar pattern rejects background noise
- Pneumatic shock mount minimises vibration and handling noise
- Flat grille for close micing against drums head and guitar cabs
- Legendary Shure reliability and build quality
SM57 Dynamic Instrument Microphone
- Transducer Type: Dynamic
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 40Hz - 15kHz
- Sensitivity: -56.00 dBV/Pa - 1.60 mV/Pa
- Impedance: 150 Ω (310 Ω Actual)
- Connectors: XLR
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 157.0 x 32.0 x 32.0 mm
- Weight: 284 g
- Min Stand Height: 890mm (floor to boom swivel)
- Max Stand Height: 1500mm (floor to boom swivel)
- Stand with Full Extended Boom Height: 970mm - 1515mm
- Boom Arm Length: 800mm
- Mic Thread: 5/8" (15.875mm)
- Length: 6m / 20ft
- Connectors: Female XLR - Male XLR
Accept no imitation. Gear4music deals directly with Shure, all of our SM57s are certified genuine products.