View Full Description
Don't lose the details
Making articulate, lifelike recordings is easy. You just need the right tools. Thankfully, Shure have designed a microphone that is up to the task.
The PGA81 will faithfully reproduce the sound you can hear in the room. A flat frequency response means no more hyped highs or boomy lows. And because the small diaphragm reacts precisely to the tinniest sounds, those quiet details don't get lost.
Unlike many small diaphragm condensers, you can expect a generous amount of bass from your PGA81. It responds to everything - from 18kHz right down to 40Hz - ensuring the lowest notes of your instrument are fully reproduced.
Thanks to the cardioid polar pattern, the PGA81 keeps the focus on what's important - your performance. It hears what's in front of it and rejects the rest, so it's great for use on noisy stages too.
Shure build the most reliable microphones in the world.
The PGA81 Condenser Microphone has been rigorously tested to make sure it can handle almost any environment. It has survived heat, cold, humidity, and the ‘Shure drop test’. With its robust metallic finish, the PGA81 Condenser is built to last.
Want to record in stereo? Need some drum overheads? Check out the PGA81 Pair with Stands and Cables
What’s in the box
- 1 x PGA81 Cardioid Condenser Instrument Microphone
- 1 x 15ft XLR-XLR Cable
- 1 x Stand Adapter
- 1 x Zipper Pouch
- Record acoustic instruments with precision thanks to a flat frequency response
- Rejects unwanted background noise with a cardioid polar pattern
- Capable of recording at high volumes without distortion
- Industrial design ensures for an unobtrusive visual aesthetic
- Pristine signal integrity from an included XLR cable
- Comes gig ready with portable carry case and microphone clip
- Legendary Shure quality ensures maximum performance night after night
- Transducer Type: Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: Flat, 40Hz - 18kHz
- Output Impedance: 600 Ω
- Sensitivity: -48.50 dBV/Pa - 3.80 mV/Pa
- Equivalent Selfnoise: 20 dB(A)
- Sound Pressure Levels: 129.5 dB SPL
- Connectors: XLR
- Weight: 186 g