View Full Description
Find the perfect tone
Getting the right kick sound is about experimenting. It’s about capturing different qualities of the drum. But many affordable drum mics aren’t responsive- no matter where you place them, they just sound lifeless and flat.
That’s why Shure created the PGA52. It’s able to reproduce the full spectrum of kick drum sounds. From deep and muffled, to tight and clicky. And everything in between.
If you need more thump, simply move the PGA52 further into the drum. Due to its sensitivity to bass frequencies, you’ll hear a pleasing lift in the low end. If you need more bite, simply angle the mic towards the beater. The PGA52's transient response will preserve the attack of every hit.
For instruments with depth
To capture bass heavy instruments, you need a microphone with an accurate bass response. Which is why so many producers use kick drum mics on sounds where low end is priority.
Trombones, bass amps and cajons will sound deep and full with the PGA52. With enough top end detail for definition and clarity too. As with most Shure mics, the PGA52 is versatile. Try putting it in front of different instruments- you never know what you might find.
Shure build the most reliable microphones in the world.
The PGA52 Kick Drum Microphone has been rigorously tested to make sure it can handle almost any environment. It has survived heat, cold, humidity and the ‘Shure drop test’. With its robust metallic finish, the PGA52 is built to survive life on the road.
Included In The Box
- 1 x Shure PGA52 Dynamic Kick Drum Microphone
- 1 x Zipper Pouch
- 1 x 15ft XLR-XLR Cable
- Tailored frequency response for kick drums and bass instruments
- Quick-release lever for easy and secure angle adjustment
- Tough metallic finish and grille- built for studio and live
- Able to handle incredibly loud sound sources
- Cardioid polar pick-up pattern reduces spill
- Legendary Shure durability
- Transducer Type: Dynamic
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: Tailored, 50Hz - 12kHz
- Sensitivity: -55.00 dBV/Pa - 1.75 mV/Pa
- Output Impedance: 150Ω
- Connectors: XLR
- Weight: 454 g
- Height: 108 mm
- Width: 67 mm
- Depth: 67 mm