View Full Description
The KSM series
The pinnacle of Shure audio innovation. The KSM series has been meticulously engineered to give you phenomenal sound without compromise. Every single microphone in the series is built with premium components, providing you with years of superior sonic performance. Built to handle the most punishing environments, KSM microphones are proof that sensitivity and toughness can live in harmony.
When you need precision, the Shure KSM42 delivers. A detailed frequency response from 60Hz to 20kHz allows this powerful condenser microphone to capture your sound source with incredible transparency. A soft presence peak between 7kHz and 10kHz ensures any and every instrument are intelligible whilst remaining natural. No matter instrument is in front of the microphone, you can rest assured knowing it's going to sound great!
An ultra-thin 2.5µm gold-layered low-mass Mylar diaphragm provides an excellent transient response. This lets you capture transient peaks with accuracy, ensuring impact and dynamics are reproduced exactly as they should be. You can take advantage of the KSM42's clear tonal characteristics whether you're recording vocals, drums, percussion, guitar cabs, strings, brass, and more. The KSM42 even excels when it comes to recording choral or orchestral ensembles. The Shure KSM42 Cardioid Studio Condenser Microphone is an invaluable choice for any situation, both on stage and in the studio.
What makes cardioid so great?
If you can only ever have one polar pattern in a microphone make sure it's cardioid. This pattern proves useful in live performances and studio recordings as it guarantees a tight, focused sound with exceptional rejection of undesirable off-axis noise and ambience. This means no matter how noisy the environment you're recording in is, there's nothing to stop you from achieving exceptional results time and time again. By aiming speakers and other instruments at the null point of the microphone you'll be able to minimise issues such as bleed and feedback in an instant.
Premium accessory pack
The KSM42 comes complete with all the necessary tools to get you started. The handy "popper stopper" is particularly useful on vocal and spoken word applications, minimising the risk of plosives from compromising those all important takes. Don't worry about perfect positioning, the shield is designed to effortlessly integrate with the shock mount for a stress-free experience.
- 1 x KSM42 Large Dual-Diaphragm Microphone
- 1 x ShureLock Rubber Suspension Shock Mount
- 1 x Magnetic Pop-Filter
- 1 x Zippered Carrying Case
- 1 x Protective Velveteen Pouch
- 1 x Spare Set of Rubber Suspension Shock Mount O Rings
- Highly consistent cardioid polar pattern
- Prethos advanced preamplifier technology
- Dual-diaphragm design
- Tailored low-frequency roll-off
- Integrated three-stage mesh grille
- Open cage ShureLock Rubber Suspension Shock Mount with low profile Popper Stopper
- Extremely low self noise
- Premium electronic components
- Durable zinc die-cast housing & hardened low carbon steel
- Internal shock mount
- Transducer Type: Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: Tailored, 60Hz - 20kHz
- Output Impedance: 147 Ω
- Sensitivity: -37.00 dBV/Pa - 14.10 mV/Pa
- Equivalent Selfnoise: 8.5 dB(A)
- Sound Pressure: 139 dB
- Switchable Low Cut: No
- Connectors: XLR
- Attenuator: No
- Interchangeable Capsule: No
- Main Functionality: Recording
- Headphone Output: No
- Requires Phantom Power: 11 - 52 VDC
- Cartridge: Fixed
- Weight: 494 g