View Full Description
GLX-D and GLX-D Advanced - what's the difference?
You might have heard about Shure's GLX-D wireless systems. They've developed a pretty envious reputation for their exceptional performance and reliability. But what about the GLX-D Advanced systems? What's the difference?
Advanced builds on the original GLX-D platform and takes it to a whole new level. You've still got the same revered transmitters and signature microphone capsules. But the heart of the system - the receiver - has undergone a major upgrade to dramatically enhance system performance...
This new receiver manages your bandwidth more efficiently, more effectively, and more reliably. So it's the perfect choice for those looking to put together a larger wireless system. And with the Shure Advanced Frequency Manager, you can make use of up to six receivers at once without any frustration whatsoever. Not only does this let you take advantage of up to 11 systems simultaneously, but it also makes sure that your digital wireless reception is incredibly clean, clear, and reliable thanks to superior bandwidth allocation and security.
But it doesn't stop there. Advanced receivers boast a robust metal design that can be mounted in your rack. This improved format is perfect for touring and installations, and will ensure your system is as safe as possible.
Frequency management made easy
Setting up your GLX-D Advanced system is easy. It takes a few seconds. There’s no trial and error or endless menu-diving.
And if you want to take your system to the next level, you can with the Shure GLX-D Advanced Frequency Manager (sold separately). This powerful device provides you with the ability to combine up to six GLXD4R receivers, to create a comprehensive wireless network that is perfect for large performance venues.
The GLX-D Advanced Frequency Manager ensures reliable signal transmission and seamless frequency management across multiple receivers. It increases the channel count, while reducing the number of required antennas and power supplies. It's also compatible with a range of remote antenna accessories (sold separately). So you can build and expand your rig as and when you need to.
No more interference
You don't need to worry about nearby Wi-Fi and Bluetooth devices disrupting your signal. LINKFREQ frequency management intelligently responds to your environment, giving you crystal clear, unbroken sound. For maximum efficiency no matter how big your system grows.
It works by continuously scanning the available frequency spectrum, and automatically selects the best open channel. When troublesome Wi-Fi and Bluetooth signals start to interfere, the receiver will seamlessly change to a new clear frequency.
This is complimented by true diversity operation, which compares and selects the strongest signal from the receiver's two antennae. It's all so smart and seamless, you can't even hear it happen. All you hear is pristine, full bandwidth digital audio.
Rechargeable lithium-ion battery
AA batteries can be costly and inconvenient. You're never sure how long they have left, so you swap them prematurely. Or worse, they die mid performance.
That's why GLX-D transmitters use a rechargeable lithium-ion battery. And the high-resolution screen shows you exactly how much charge you have left in hours and minutes. So you have total peace of mind when your performing.
To recharge, simply insert the battery into the handy port on the front of the receiver. Or leave it inside the transmitter and connect the included USB cable. You can even charge a spare battery whilst performing so that you're never caught out on stage.
You'll get a generous 16 hours of continuous use from a full battery. And in emergencies, a 15 minute quick-charge will give you an indispensable hour and a half of run time.
Included Within The System
- 1 x GLXD4R Wireless Receiver
- 1 x GLXD1 Bodypack Transmitter
- 1 x WA302 Instrument Cable
- 2 x RSMA Antenna Cable (55cm)
- 2 x Antenna, 1/2-Wave 2.4GHz
- 1 x Lithium-Ion Rechargeable Battery
- 1 x Power Supply
- 1 x Rack Mount Kit
- 1 x USB Cable
GLX1 Bodypack Transmitter
- 20m - 30m operating range
- 16 hours of use from fully charged lithium-ion battery
- 15 minute quick charge provides 1.5 hours of use
- Safely recessed on/off button avoids accidental switching
- Automatically links with GLX-D receiver for quick, easy setup
- Micro USB port for directly charging battery when inside transmitter
GLXD4R Digital Wireless Receiver
- Worldwide license-free operation in digital 2.4GHz frequency band
- Allows up to 8 other GLX systems to run at the same time
- LINKFREQ quickly finds the best open channel for your performance
- Automatic, seamless frequency switching for uninterrupted signal
- Integrated battery charging port for the transmitter battery
- Accurate battery life displayed in hours and minutes
- Pristine 24 bit quality and 120dB dynamic range
- Full bandwidth 20Hz-20kHz frequency response
- Gain control for adjusting transmitter level
- Hi-resolution LCD screen
- XLR and 1/4'' output connectors
Rechargeable Lithium-ion Battery
- 2 charging options - insert into the receiver or via transmitter's USB connection
- 3 hour charge = 16 hours use
- 30 minute charge = 3 hours use
- 15 minute charge = 1.5 hours use
GLXD14R Wireless System
- Set Type: Instrument
- Amount of Bodypacks: 1
- Number of Compatible Systems Per Frequency Band: 8
GLXD4R Digital Wireless Receiver
- Wireless Frequency: 2.4GHz, Digital
- Phantom Power Protection: Yes
- Battery Life Status: HH:MM
- Power Supply: External
- Housing Material: Metal
- Spurious Rejection: >35dB, Typical
- Gain Adjustment Range: -18dB to 42dB in 1dB Steps
- Input Level: -20dBm, Maximum
- Mic/Line Switch: 30dB Pad
- Antenna: 1/2 Wave Sleeve Dipole
- Antenna Impedance: 50Ω
- Audio Output Connectors: XLR Balanced, 1/4'' Jack
- Weight: 907.2 g
- Dimensions: 42mm x 197mm x 163mm (H x W x D)
GLXD1 Bodypack Transmitter
- Connectors: TQG
- Battery Life Lithium: 16h
- Operating Range (Up To): 20-30 m
- Transmitter Housings: Metal
- Battery Status: Multi-Colour LED
- Charger Options: USB Charger
- Input Impedance: 900kΩ
- Dimensions (Without Antenna)
- Height: 90.4 mm
- Width: 64.5 mm
- Depth: 22.9 mm
WA302 Instrument Cable
- Connectors: 4-Pin TA4F - 1/4'' Instrument Cable
- Cable Length: 2.5ft / 0.75m