View Full Description
So how do I get set up?
It only takes a few seconds.
Plug the mic output (found on the back of the receiver) into a speaker or channel on your mixing desk. Just like a normal wired mic.
Plug the headset into the bodypack, and turn on the bodypack and receiver. The receiver will automatically search for the best open frequency. Once located, the transmitter automatically matches to that same frequency. Finally, use the gain buttons on the receiver to set the level of the headset. And that’s it! No trial and error. You can now perform with wireless freedom.
Anywhere. License free. Because your Shure GLXD14/MX53 Wireless System operates in the 2.4GHz frequency band, it's ready to go. Straight out the box.
No more interference
You don’t need to worry about nearby Wi-fi and Bluetooth devices disrupting your signal. LINKFREQ frequency management intelligently responds to your environment, to give you crystal clear, unbroken sound.
It works by continuously scanning the available frequency spectrum, and automatically selects the best open channel. When troublesome Wi-Fi and Bluetooth signals start to interfere, the receiver will seamlessly change to a new clear frequency. This is complimented by true diversity operation, which compares and selects the strongest signal from the receiver's two antennae. It's all so smart and seamless, you can’t even hear it happen. All you hear is pristine, full bandwidth digital audio.
With technology this agile and adaptive, you're able to run up to eight GLX-D systems at once. So you can expand your wireless set up whenever you need to.
Rechargeable lithium ion battery
AA batteries can be costly and inconvenient. You’re never sure how long they have left, so you swap them prematurely. Or worse, they die mid performance.
That's why GLX-D transmitters use a rechargeable lithium ion battery. And the high-resolution screen shows you exactly how much charge you have left, in hours and minutes. For total peace of mind when your performing.
To recharge, simply insert the battery into the port on the front of the receiver. Or leave it inside the transmitter and connect the USB cable. You can even charge a spare battery whilst performing.
You'll get a generous 16 hours of continuous use from a full battery. Or in emergencies, a 15 minute quick-charge will give you an indispensable hour and a half of run time.
MX153 Earset Microphone and Bodypack Transmitter
The MX153 puts some of Shure's smartest technology into an ultra-discrete earset. The implausibly small mic captures an incredible amount of detail. As well as enhancing intelligibility by preventing plosives and boominess. Your voice will sound beyond pristine.
The MX153 also offers a remarkably secure over-ear fit, thanks to soft-flex materials that accommodate you. It's slender, diminutive design is perfect for high-profile events - whether it be an important presentation, theater or broadcasting.
The earset plugs straight into the GLXD1 bodypack transmitter, which will automatically link with your GLX-D receiver, for seamless frequency matching. And you can faithfully perform up to 30 meters (100 feet) away. So you're free to move around the room, as much as you need.
Included In The Box
- 1 x MX153 Earset Headworn Microphone and Case
- 1 x GLXD1 Bodypack Transmitter
- 1 x GLXD4 Digital Wireless Receiver
- 1 x Lithium-Ion Rechargeable Battery
- 1 x Power Supply
- 1 x USB Cable
- 3 x Windshield
- 1 x Clothing Clip
- 1 x Carrying Case
MX153 Earset Microphone
- Professional quality sound from a permanently charged condenser element
- Precise vocal capture from a discrete omnidirectional microphone capsule
- Crystal clear sound with enhanced plosive protection and zero proximity effect
- Prevents interference from mobile phones, digital bodypacks, and other electronic devices with CommShield technology
- Secure, comfortable fit over either ear thanks to an ultra-lightweight, flexible design
- Ultra-durable reinforced soft flex cable
- Compatible with any Shure body pack (TA4F (TQG) connector)
- Comes equipped with protective storage pouch, three windscreens, and collar clip
GLX1 Bodypack Transmitter
- 20m - 30m operating range
- 16 hours of use from fully charged lithium-ion battery
- 15 minute quick charge provides 1.5 hours of use
- Safely recessed on/off button avoids accidental switching
- Automatically links with GLX-D receiver for quick, easy setup
- Micro USB port for directly charging battery when inside transmitter
GLXD4 Digital Wireless Receiver
- Worldwide license-free operation in digital 2.4GHz frequency band
- Allows up to 8 other GLX systems to run at the same time
- LINKFREQ quickly finds the best open channel for your performance
- Automatic, seamless frequency switching for uninterrupted signal
- Integrated battery charging port for the transmitter battery
- Accurate battery life displayed in hours and minutes
- Pristine 24 bit quality and 120dB dynamic range
- Full bandwidth 20Hz-20kHz frequency response
- Gain control for adjusting transmitter level
- Fixed, robust antennas on front
- Hi-resolution LCD screen
- XLR and 1/4'' output connectors
Rechargeable Lithium-ion Battery
- 2 charging options - insert into the receiver or via transmitter's USB connection
- 3 hour charge = 16 hours use
- 1 hour charge = 6 hours use
- 30 minute charge = 3 hours use
- 15 minute charge = 1.5 hours use
GLXD14/MX53 Wireless System
- Set Type: Headset
- Amount of Bodypacks: 1
- Amount of TQG Mics: 1
- Number of Compatible Systems Per Frequency Band: 8
- Operating Frequency: 2.4GHz
- Receiver Type: Single Channel
- Scan Functions: Channel Scan and Group Scan
- Sync Functions: Pairing
- Phantom Power Protection: Yes
- Included Antenna: External 1/2 Wave
- Battery Status: Leveled Battery Life Indication (HH:MM)
- RF Sensitivity: -88dBm for 12dB SINAD, Typical
- Spurious Rejection: 35dB, Typical
- Antenna Input Impedance: 50 Ohms
- Tuning Range: 2400MHz
- Display: Multi-Function LCD
- Remote Control: Yes
- Receiver Housing: Moulded ABS
- Power Supply: External
- Weight: 286g
- Dimensions: 40mm x 183mm x 117mm (H x W x D)
GLXD1 Bodypack Transmitter
- Connectors: TQG
- Battery Life Lithium: 16h
- Operating Range (Up To): 20-30 m
- Transmitter Housings: Metal
- Battery Status: Multi-Colour LED
- Charger Options: USB Charger
- Input Impedance: 900kΩ
- Dimensions (Without Antenna)
- Height: 90.4 mm
- Width: 64.5 mm
- Depth: 22.9 mm
MX153 Earset Headworn Microphone
- Connectors: TA4F (TGQ)
- Polar Pattern: Omnidirectional
- Transducer Type: Condenser
- Frequency Response: Tailored, 20Hz - 20kHz
- Sensitivity: -41.00 dBV/Pa - 9.00 mV/Pa
- Equivalent Selfnoise: 34
- Sound Pressure: 107 dB SPL
- Weight: 19 g