View Full Description
The broadcast standard - in the studio and out in the field
Get incredible recordings, every time. The condenser capsules boast a wide frequency range, designed to capture every subtle detail. The low-noise and audio transparency makes the microphone ideal for film, video and voice-over work.
A two-step high pass filter comes built-in, helping to eliminate low-end noise, which can be useful for minimising traffic or outside equipment noise. The microphone also comes complete with a WSVM windshield, designed to optimise your audio performance. The windshield minimises sibilance and plosive noise, as well as combating against light wind noise for a clearer audio recording.
Dual-powered for various cameras
Always be ready to record with versatile power. The NTG-2 is the sibling of the NTG-1, retaining all its features whilst incorporating a dual-power design for maximum compatibility. The NTG-2 can be powered via a AA battery or Phantom Power. This allows you to use the microphone with cameras that don’t have a Phantom Power source such as DSLRs.
The shotgun microphone features a condenser capsule with a super-cardioid polar pattern, designed for closed-source audio recording. The point-and-shoot design allows you to focus on a person/subject while they are close to the microphone. The combination of the condenser capsule and low-handling noise results in optimised audio performance.
Rugged, lightweight construction
Ready whenever you are. The lightweight yet rugged design is constructed from heavy-duty metal for optimal durability. This ensures the microphone can withstand the rigours of extensive live use and be transported from place to place. It also helps to combat against superficial damage and keep the internal components protected. Additionally, the microphone comes complete with a mic clip, windshield and zip case for transporting and storing your mic.
- Broadcast sound quality
- Low noise circuitry
- Condenser transducer
- Rugged metal construction
- Two step High Pass Filter (Flat/80Hz)
- P48 phantom power or AA battery option
- Low handling noise
- Low weight - 161g (5.17 oz.)
- Includes mic clip, wind shield and zip case
- Ideal for professional applications within the film, video, television and production industries
- Power: P48 (48V) phantom supply or 1.5V AA battery
- Acoustic Principle: Line gradient
- Directional Pattern: Super Cardioid
- Frequency range: 20Hz-20kHz, selectable HPF @ 80Hz/12dB/octave
- Output impedance: 250 ohm (phantom), 350 ohm (battery)
- Output: XLR
- Signal noise ratio: 76 dB SPL (A - weighted per IEC651)
- Equivalent noise: 18 dB SPL (A - weighted per IEC651)
- Maximum SPL: 131dB SPL (@ 1kHz, 1 THD into 1K ohm load)
- Maximum output voltage: -15.4dBu (@ 1kHz, 1 THD into 1K ohm load)
- Sensitivity: -36 dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (15 mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
- Power Options: P48 power supply or AA battery
- Weight: 161 g
- Includes: Stand mount, zip pouch and windshield