View Full Description
GX Series amplifiers are ideal for professional entertainers who require maximum performance and portability on a limited budget. QSC designers, headed by Pat Quilter, have optimised output and appearance while reducing raw material cost and weight. It's all here - dramatic styling, easy hook-up and adjustments, excellent audio quality and QSC reliability.
GX amplifiers deliver just the right amount of power to the most popular speakers used by entertainers. Typically, loudspeaker manufacturers recommend an amplifier with power output equal to the speaker's Program (Music) Power rating or two times (2 x) the Continuous (RMS) Power rating. The GX5 provides full performance for 500 watt (Program) speakers.
The GX5 uses a Class H system, based on key elements of the PL Series, (PLX, PL3, CX, DCA) almost doubling power in the same size and weight. QSC design expertise allows the output devices to shift from low-power to high-power rails in less than a millionth of a second, ensuring that the output power is always right where it needs to be without excess loss. The amplifier uses premium toroidal power transformers for reliable mid-weight performance. A variable-speed fan moves air crosswise through the amplifier, drawing cool air in over the power transformer, through the fan, and then over the heat sink. This keeps the transformer cool and allows a full size heat sink to fit in a down-sized chassis. As always, the amplifiers are fully protected from the usual hazards of the trade, ensuring stable performance and long life.
GuardRail protection delivers full peak power while preventing detrimental overloads. During excessive clipping, or extreme overheating, GuardRail reduces gain just enough to preserve the integrity of the music, protect the speakers and keep the audience excited, without unprofessional distortion levels or shutdowns.
A subwoofer reduces strain on the full-range speaker, allowing it to play louder, or letting a smaller speaker do the same job. The GX Series supports this mode with a Crossover switch that splits the full-range input entering Ch 1, sending 20 Hz -100 Hz to the sub (Ch 1) and 100 Hz - 20 kHz to the top box (Ch 2). The front panel gain controls balance the sub and top box, while GuardRail optimises peak power into the sub and top individually, for greater musical impact and dynamic range.
- Power levels matched to the most popular speakers used by entertainers
- Optimised for maximum real-world headroom into 4- and 8-ohm speaker systems
- Inputs: XLR, 1/4" TRS and phono input connectors for compatibility with any source
- Outputs: Speakon® combo accepts 1/4" (TS) plugs or Speakon 2- and 4-pole plugs (connects 2 poles only). Binding posts support all other speaker wiring systems
- Minimum depth chassis (10.1" / 257 mm) fits in compact, inexpensive effects racks
- Lightweight - less than 26 lb (12.5 kg)
- Detented gain controls for precise setting and matching of sensitivity
- GuardRail™ automatically protects the amplifier and loudspeakers from damage due to temperature rise or overdrive without shutting down the show
- Front panel LEDs monitor power, signal, and clipping
- Subwoofer/satellite crossover built-in
Output Power Per Channel
- 8 ohm / both channels driven / 1 kHz: 500 W
- 8 ohm / single channel driven / 1 kHz: 600 W
- 4 ohm / both channels driven / 1 kHz: 700 W
- 4 ohm / single channel driven / 1 kHz: 850 W
- Distortion (1dB below rated power, 1 kHz): 8 ohms: less than 0.02 , 4 ohms: less than 0.05
- Signal to Noise (20 Hz - 20 kHz): 100 dB
- Input Sensitivity: 1.2 Vrms
- Voltage Gain (8 ohm): 34.4 dB
- Output Circuitry: 2-tier Class H
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz, +0, 1 dB
- Dynamic Headroom (4 ohm): 2 dB
- Input Impedance (ohms): Greater than 20k (balanced)
- Maximum Input Level: +24 dB (16 Vrms)
- Input Connectors (each channel): 3-pin XLR and 1/4" TRS, balanced, parallel
- Output Connectors (each channel): Speakon, 1/4", Binding Posts
- Amplifier and Load Protection: Short circuit, open circuit, thermal, RF protection, Load protected against DC faults
- Front Panel Controls and Indicators: Gain controls, 21 detents, Red Clip LEDs, proportional, 0.1 THD threshold, Green Signal LEDs, threshold -35 dB, Blue Power LED, AC on
- Rear Panel Controls: Full Range / Crossover switch, 100 Hz, 3rd order LP (sub), 2nd order HP (top)
- Dimensions (HWD): 3.5" (2RU) x 19" x 10.1" (89 mm x 483 mm x 257 mm)
- Weight Net: 28 lb (12.6 kg), Shipping: 32 lb (14.6 kg)
- Agency Approvals: UL, CE, RoHS/WEEE Compliant
|AC Current and Heating, 230 VAC(Divide current by 0.5 for 120 VAC)
|8 + 8 ohms, 1/8 power 1
|8 + 8 ohms, 1/3 power 2
|8 + 8 ohms, full power 3
|4 + 4 ohms, 1/8 power 1
|4 + 4 ohms, 1/3 power 2
|4 + 4 ohms, full power 3
||1 1/8 power represents typical maximum operating conditions, 2 1/3 power represents overdriven program levels, 3 Full power is breaker limited to short periods For 120 V, divide AC current by 0.5.
Your order may contain items that use a 240V UK plug
Any electrical items in your order may have been designed to work with a 240V circuit, using a United Kingdom G type plug connection. An adapter or transformer may be required for these items to work properly and safely in your country. Some items work with a range of voltages, or have a switchable voltage control built in. Please refer to the specific product details for further information.