View Full Description
How to Claim Fat Channel Collection for Free
Please click here to see details on how to claim the Fat Channel Collection free when you buy this product.
Versatile digital Mixer
The StudioLive 16R delivers unprecedented power in digital mixes. It is a device that is capable of multiple uses and still provides Series III professional quality. The compact mixer also doubles as a network stage box. With the versatility of running standalone or as a stage box with the Series III Console Mixers, the 16R is ideal for both studio and live sound applications. The front and rear panels are kept clean and simple yet still allowing all the connections you need. All its 16 channel inputs are XMAX preamps use locking combo jacks to accept microphone- or line-level signals and are designed to deliver exceptional audio quality for microphones. A pair of unbalanced RCA jacks are available as additional inputs, allowing connectivity to smartphones, media players and other consumer audio devices. Directly connect to the console mixer using a single Ethernet cable or the SW5E AVB switch eliminating the need for any heavy expensive copper snake. Additionally the StudioLive 16R has the feature of remote control operation of the preamps and phantom power from the Series III console. Just like the Series III consoles the 16R is fully recallable including recallable analog XMAX preamps. In stage box + monitor mix mode the 16R not only serves as a network stage box but also as a full monitor mixer with a huge amount of processing and mixing power.
Create buses and groups with FlexMixes
Creating mix buses and groups with the StudioLive 16R is effortless thanks to the 6 FlexMixes that can be individually designated as AUX, subgroup or matrix mixes. FlexMixes offer a ton of freedom for any mixing application so whatever your demands, FlexMixes are the solution to customising and adapting your mixer to the mixing task at hand.
Fat channel processing
The StudioLive 16R boasts the same Fat Channel processing found in the StudioLive Series III consoles providing digital precision with the sound of analog. The StudioLive 16R delivers a plug in style workflow featuring studio quality, vintage style EQ and compression options including classic tube limiters and passive EQs. All mix outputs additionally feature 6-band, fully parametric EQ offering precise sound shaping and frequency corrections. All the studio-style processing can be used for either recording, monitor mixing as well for front-of-house.
Remote mix control
The PreSonus StudioLive 16R supports remote control connection allowing you control the unit remotely over a wi-fi enabled network. In addition to the AVB recording connection the rack mixer features a 1gb Ethernet port allowing it to connect to a wireless router or directly to a computer to provide remote control of virtually all features. Conveniently you can mix wirelessly or over a wired network from anywhere using UC Surface for Mac, Windows, iPad and Android tablet, perfect for the modern sound engineer. Even let your musicians control their monitor mixes onstage with their device using QMix-UC for iPhone, iPod touch or Android Device allowing the musicians to take control of their own personial monitor mix and leave you to focus on front-of-house. Go wireless, wired or both depending on which suits you best.
Fully integrated software package
The Presonus 16R is tightly integrated with an entire suite of state of the art software including UC Surface touch-control, Studio One Artist DAW, Capture recording app and QMix-RC. UC Surface touch-control allows you to mix wirelessly or over a wired network from anywhere making it ideal for a situation when you need to move around a room to find problem frequencies. Presonus' Studio One Artist DAW allows you to remote control the mixer's recallable XMAX preamps and Fat Channel processing enabling you to save your setting and recall them later. The Capture recording app allows you to completely automate virtual soundchecks and record shows with ease. Finally the QMix-UC allows for your musicians to control their personal monitor mix with their iPhone, iPod touch or Android providing them with an easy way to adjust their mixes and leave you to focus on the front-of house mix.
- Perfect partner for StudioLive Series III consoles (serve as simple stage box or, combination stage box and monitor mixer
- 18 total analog inputs
- 16 mic/line channel inputs plus 2 RCA inputs
- 6 TRS FlexMix outputs
- 2 XLR (left/right) main outputs
- Stereo headphone output
- 16 channel inputs
- 1 stereo digital return (SD card, AVB, or USB)
- 8 Filter DCAs
- Onboard stereo SD recorder
- 1 ethernet control network port
- 1 ethercon AVB audio network port
- Complete settings recall, including recallable analog XMAX preamps
- Series III Fat Channel processing on every channel
- 6-band, fully parametric EQ on all mix outputs
- Control with multiple ipads, and optionally, a computer, each running UC Surface with a different view enabling you to see and touch all controls you need at a given time
- Fat Channel presets now like scenes for individual channels, saving input and Fat Channel setting and AUX send and bus assignment
- 3 ways to record (stereo recording to built-in SD recorder, via built-in AVB networking, via USB 2.0)
- Can connect to a wireless router or directly to a computer for wireless or wired control of all mixer features using SC Surface
- Tightly integrated software library (UC Surface touch-control, Studio One Artist DAW, Capture recording app with virtual soundcheck, QMix-UC personal monitor mix control)
- Rack size: 1U
- Dimensions: 45mm x 482mm x 305mm
- Weight: 3.9kg
Computer system requirements
- Mac OS X 10.8.5 64-bit or later
- Intel Core 2 Duo processor (Intel Core i3 or faster recommended)
- 4GB RAM (8GB or more recommeded)
- Windows 7 x64/x86 SP1 + platform update, Windows 8.1 x64/86, Windows 10 x65/x86
- Intel Core 2 Duo (Intel Core i3 or faster recommended
- 4GB RAM (8GB or more recommended)
- Mac and Windows Systems
- USB 2.0 port
- Internet connection
- Internal or external 7200 RPM storage drive highly recommended
- 34GB hard disk space
- Monitor with 1366x768 resolution
- ios 9.3 or later
- iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad mini 4, iPad mini with retina display, iPad (4th generation), iPad mini, iPad (3rd generation), iPad 2
*For more information (including specifications) please see the PDF user guide above. Once you've registered your mixer you can download UC Surface, Capture and Studio One Artist from your My PreSonus account. QMix-UC can be downloaded from the Apple app store or Google Play store.*
- Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or later
- Android smartphone (QMix-UC)
- Android tablet (8-inch) with 1024x768 resolution (UC Surface)
- Product Code:SL16R
Your order may contain items that use a 240V UK plug or a 220V EU plug
Any electrical items in your order may have been designed to work with a 240V circuit, using a United Kingdom G type plug connection or a 220V circuit, using an EU plug connection. An adapter or transformer may be required for these items to work properly and safely in your country.
Some items work with a range of voltages, or have a switchable voltage control built in. Please refer to the specific product details for further information.