View Full Description
It's time to be direct
You work hard to sculpt your sound. Whether you're in the studio or on stage. So make sure that no matter what you're connecting to, that sound can be heard with the clarity and detail that it deserves. Mackie's MDB series of DI boxes gives you everything you need to make that happen. Combining premium analog circuitry, ultra-low noise and distortion, and flexible features for seamless connectivity, MDB DI boxes are the perfect match for your instruments.
A DI box is the ultimate way to expand your studio or stage capabilities. They are more than just a tool for getting your signal from one place to another. They build bridges, expand possibilities, and they let you adapt to almost any situation. And the MDB-2P is no exception.
With its passive design, you don't need to worry about power supplies, batteries, or phantom power. This handy little box simply sits comfortably between your instrument and your signal's destination. A pair of high-impedance 1/4'' inputs let you get connected with ease. Thanks to the dual-input design, the MDB-2P is perfect for stereo sound sources such as synthesizers, keyboards, and media players. There's also a pair of parallel 1/4'' Thru outputs, so you can send your signal back out to amplifiers or other destinations quickly and easily.
On the other side of the box, you'll find a pair of balanced XLR output connectors, which are perfect for hooking up to mixers, PA systems, recording devices, and more. The MDB-2P simply matches your impedance and signal type to your destination, allowing you to enjoy crystal-clear sound without having to worry about mis-matched signals, detrimental level differences, and noise. The box's ultra-low noise and distortion ensures your sound remains clean and clear, whilst a switchable -15dB pad lets you connect higher level sources without a problem.
In it for the long haul
If you know Mackie, you probably know that they are incredibly proud of their 'Built-Like-A-Tank' approach to construction. Their products are living proof that eternal life is a possibility. Because when you buy a Mackie product, you're not just buying a new piece of equipment. You're investing in your future.
- The MDB series - ready for anything, from acoustic guitars to laptops
- Premium sound without the premium price tag
- Get clean, low-noise audio to your mixer no matter what instrument you're using
- High-performance analog circuitry with exceptional noise performance and transparency
- Ideal for use with stereo sound sources such as keyboards and media players
- Perfect for live sound and studio applications
- High-impedance 1/4'' inputs complete with handy 1/4'' Thru outputs
- Balanced XLR output connectors with a switchable ground lift
- Ultra-low noise and distortion
- Switchable -15dB pad for distortion-free performance when connecting to high-output sources
- Parallel Thru outputs
- Mackie's signature Built-Like-A-Tank™ construction
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz, +/-0.2dB
- Dynamic Range: 128dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.002-percent from 1kHz
- Pad: -15dB
- Input Type: Female 1/4'' unbalanced
- Input Impedance: 140k Ohms unbalanced
- Impedance Ratio: 350:1 (input to output)
- Output Type: Male XLR balanced, 1/4'' unbalanced (thru)
- Output Impedance: 400 Ohms unbalanced
- Dimensions: 38mm x 86mm x 147mm / 1.5'' x 3.4'' x 5.8'' (H x W x D)
- Weight: 0.4kg / 0.8lbs
- Product Code: 2049172-00