View Full Description
The Linear 5 Series - top-of-the-line sound reinforcement
Whether you're playing to 300 people or 3,000, the Linear 5 series is the ultimate gigging system. Offering incredible long- and short-throw performance, Linear 5 PA systems deliver the same incredible sound quality and clarity from the front of the venue all the way to the back.
Linear 5 systems are fine-tuned to deliver the utmost in sonic performance. Whether you're playing background music, huge riffs, thunderous beats, or even speeches, Linear 5 systems deliver balanced and professional results. Holding the title of the most powerful speakers in their class, Linear 5 systems are the PA of choice for bands, DJs, rental companies and more all over the world.
Compact design with outstanding performance
Nobody wants to spend hours re-organising everything in the back of their van just to get the doors closed. With a Linear 5 system, you won't have to worry about that. These incredible PA systems pack a huge amount into a small space to deliver enormous sound in a compact format.
With Linear 5, setting up and finding the perfect positioning is a breeze. Intuitive handling and multi-functional designs allow you to tailor your setup to your needs. With class-leading long- and short-throw performance and a versatile space saving architecture, this professional PA series puts the power in your hands.
Resilient and reliable construction
The Linear 5 series triumphantly upholds HK Audio's hard-earned reputation for quality and reliability. Rugged hybrid cabinets crafted from birch multiplex and MDF stand up to the rigors of the road day after day. Combined with the sleek slotted metal grille, the premium components and drivers inside your Linear 5 speaker will remain safe for years to come.
- 1000 watts of bi-amped class-D power (650W + 350W)
- Ultra-efficient 12''/1'' full range mid/high unit
- The most powerful bass performance in its class
- Asymmetrical rotatable CD horn
- Engineered for optimum sound dispersion
- Can be voiced for stand-alone use and for use as a mid/high unit when paired with a Linear series subwoofer
- 12'' low/mid speaker with a 2.5'' voice coil, and 1'' HF driver with a 1.75'' voice coil
- Able to produce a maximum SPL of up to 135dB at 10 percent THD (half space)
- Rugged birch multiplex/MDF hybrid enclosure
- Two separate inputs
- Switchable EQ - High Power/Small Venue
- Maximum SPL: 127dB half space (at 10 percent THD)
- Peak: 135dB half space (at 10 percent THD)
- Calculated: 137dB half space
- Frequency Response:
- +/-3dB: 64Hz - 18kHz
- -10dB: 57Hz - 20kHz
- Power Rating: 1000W
- Amplifier: Class-D, bi-amped
- Active Protection Circuits:
- Undervoltage protection
- Short-circuit protection
- Overcurrent protection
- Subsonic filter, 24db/oct
- Peak limiter
- Low/Mid Speaker: 1 x 12''
- HF Driver: 1''
- Horn: 60° - 90° (asymm) x 55° CD horn, rotatable
- Cut-off Frequency Active: 1.65kHz, 24dB/oct
- 2 x XLR-1/4'' combo IN
- 2 x XLR THRU
- 1 x XLR mix OUT
- Input Sensitivity: +4dBu at gain centreclick / L5 system level
- Sensitivity Switch: Line/Mic input A
- Equalizer: EQ switch
- Pole Mount: DuoTilt 3/7
- Rigging Points: 3 x M8
- Handles: 2 x integrated
- Enclosure: Hybrid (birch multiplex / MDF)
- Grille: 2mm metal grille backed with black acoustic foam
- Finish: Acrylic enamel, black
- Dimensions: 370mm x 670mm x 365mm (W x H x D)
- Weight: 23.9kg / 52.7lbs
Your order may contain items that use a 240V UK plug
Any electrical items in your order may have been designed to work with a 240V circuit, using a United Kingdom G type plug connection. An adapter or transformer may be required for these items to work properly and safely in your country. Some items work with a range of voltages, or have a switchable voltage control built in. Please refer to the specific product details for further information.