View Full Description
Perfectly matched stereo pair
When it comes to capturing sound in stereo, a matched pair of microphones placed in a particular stereo configuration is the ultimate solution. A matched stereo pair are meticulously tested to ensure the absolute perfect match with regards to frequency and directional response, as well as output level. Components such as resistors and capacitors are generally not made to the most precise specifications, and have marginal tolerance ranges.
Therefore, testing the mics allows DPA to hand-select a pair of microphones whose components produce near-identical results, providing you with a stereo pair with every critical component being matched as closely as possible for consistently accurate stereo recording. The microphones provide an exceptionally balanced sound stage and minimise any possible differences in the left and right sides for natural and accurate stereo sound capture.
Versatile and powerful audio capture
The 4011A microphone utilises a cardioid polar pattern through DPA's astounding MMC4011 Cardioid Microphone Capsule, which is perfectly paired with their MMP-A Preamplifier. This powerful combination is ideal for close-miking most instruments, from acoustic guitars, grand pianos, and wind instruments, up to overheads, percussion, and even vocals. You can also take advantage of the 4011A's exceptional directional qualities and un-coloured sound for spot-miking orchestras and large performance situations.
The 4011A features the ability to handle incredibly high sound levels, capable of capturing up to a maximum SPL of 159dB before clipping occurs, and is equipped with a 20dB switchable pad for output attenuation. Overall, DPA's 4011A microphone achieves incredibly natural and precise reproduction of the original sound source, with a flat on-axis response, and a similarly smooth off-axis response.
Adjustable modular design
DPA's ST4011A stereo pair of microphones features their unique and powerful modular design found in the majority of their other microphone systems. This innovative architecture enables you to create the perfect microphone to meet your exact requirements without having to constantly invest in an entire collection of separate mics for various situations. The 4011A provides you with an MMC4011 Cardioid Microphone Capsule and is beautifully coupled with an MMP-A Preamplifier. This powerful combination is the worldwide reference standard for handling extreme sound levels and close-miking applications, as well as a variety of other uses.
However, you could attach the MMC4011 capsule to DPA's MMP-C Compact Preamplifier which features active drive for impedance balancing, and a slightly softer character than the other DPA preamps. There's also the option to utilise one of DPA's other capsules with the preamplifiers, such as the MMC4006 Omnidirectional Capsule, the MMC2006 Twin Diaphragm Omnidirectional Capsule, the MMC2011 Twin Diaphragm Cardioid Capsule, and the MMC4015 Wide Cardioid Capsule. The 4011A microphones provide you with unparalleled flexibility, allowing you to capture the sound exactly as you desire across a huge variety of situations.
- 2 x MMC4011 Cardioid Microphone Capsule
- 2 x MMP-A Microphone Preamplifier
- 2 x UA0639 clip
- 2 x DUA0020 foam windscreen, 19mm diameter, 56mm length
- 1 x KE002 Peli case
- Perfectly suited to close-miking applications
- Excellent high sound pressure level handling capabilities
- Accurate sound capture
- No sound colouration
- Modular flexibility
- Carefully matched within +/-1dB
- Included rugged Peli case provides exceptional protection during transport and storage
- Directional Pattern: Cardioid
- Principle of Operation: Pressure Gradient
- Cartridge Type: Pre-Polarized Condenser
- Frequency Range: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Frequency Range (+/-2dB at 30cm): 40Hz to 20kHz
- Sensitivity (Nominal, +/-2dB at 1kHz): 10mV/Pa; -40dB re. 1V/Pa
- Equivalent Noise Level (A-Weighted): Typ. 18dB(A) re. 20uPa (max. 20dB(A))
- Equivalent Noise Level (ITU-R BS.468-4): Typ. 25dB (Correct with the attenuator in 0dB or -20dB setting)
- S/N Ratio (A-Weighted) (re. 1kHz at 1Pa (94dB SPL)): Typ. 76dB(A)
- THD (Total Harmonic Distortion: Less than 1 percent up to 139dB SPL peak
- Dynamic Range: Typ. 121dB
- Max. SPL Peak Before Clipping: 159dB
- Switchable Attenuator: 0dB/-20dB
- Output Impedance: 200 Ohms
- Minimum Load Impedance: 2k Ohms
- Cable Drive Capability: 100m / 328ft
- Output Balance Principle: Impedance balancing with Active Drive
- CMRR (Common Mode Rejection Ratio): Greater than 60dB
- Power Supply Required: 48V Phantom Power (+/-4V)
- Current Consumption: 2.8mA
- Connector: XLR-3M
- Pin 1: Shield
- Pin 2: Signal Positive Phase
- Pin 3: Negative Phase
- Colour: Matte Black
- Weight: 158g / 5.6oz.
- Microphone Diameter: 19mm / 0.75''
- Capsule Diameter: 19mm / 0.75''
- Microphone Length: 170mm / 6.7''
- Maximum Output Voltage (RMS): Greater than 5V
- Polarity: +V at pin 2 for positive sound pressure
- Product Code: ST4011A