View Full Description
Rich, Natural Sounds
Experience the real depths of your music. Beyerdynamics have engineered the DT 880’s to reproduce incredibly balanced sound. Designed to create an organic, uncoloured, and detailed sound - they are the choice of mixing and mastering studios across the world.
The DT 880’s deliver crystal-clear highs, accurate bass frequencies, and near perfect reproduction of the mid-range. This lets you hear the individual parts of a song, it is a truly rich soundstage. This is, in part, thanks to the semi-open back design. This design means you get a natural, wide-open soundstage whilst getting a higher degree of isolation than open back headphones.
Incredible Comfort for Extended Listening
Listen in luxurious comfort. Beyerdynamics went to great lengths to make sure the DT880’s are comfortable to wear for long periods of time. The velour ear cups surround your ears bringing you closer to the audio drivers.
Combined with an adjustable headband, you get a secure and relaxing fit. For any professional, practicality is important, which is why there is only a single wire going into one ear cup. This allows you to take the headphones on and off quickly without tangling any wires. It’s those details that make the DT880’s a legend in the studio.
Long Lasting Build Quality
Rest assured, the DT880’s are built to remarkable standards. They’re designed and built in Germany. Predictably, the build quality is outstanding. Built using hardwearing metals and plastics, you can expect your DT880’s to last for years.
They really are your own personal set too. Beyerdynamics made them fully home repairable. If you ever want to change something, you can easily get any part you want from Beyerdynamic. This means the lifetime of these headphones is extended enormously. Which is why there are plenty of stories from people still using Beyerdynamic sets bought in 1988!
"The BeyerDynamic DT880s are very comfortable, with their soft cushion and perfect grip, plus they have a sound that has impressive all-round ability" - What HiFi?
- Semi-open design offers the wider soundstage characteristics of open-back headphones with the partial attenuation of closed-back headphones
- High-performance audio reproduction with a natural and vibrant response - hear sound how it was meant to be heard
- Large circumaural ear cups with ultra-soft breathable velour pads
- Ergonomic padded headband with pleasant contact pressure ensures excellent wearing comfort
- High-grade materials and components including a robust and flexible spring steel headband, aluminium yokes and decorative rings, and a decorative metal cover
- Handmade in Germany with an easy-to-service design resulting in astounding performance throughout years of use
- Single-sided 3m straight cable with a gold-plated 3.5mm mini-jack plug (6.35mm adapter is included)
- Comes complete with a convenient leather storage bag
- Transducer Type: Dynamic
- Operating Principle: Semi-Open
- Sound Coupling To The Ear: Circumaural
- Transmission Type: Wired
- Frequency Response: 5Hz - 35kHz
- Nominal Impedance: 600 Ohms
- Nominal SPL: 96dB
- T.H.D: <0.2 percent
- Power Handling Capacity: 100mW
- Nominal Headband Pressure: Approx. 2.8 N
- Cable & Plug: 3m straight cable with gold-plated mini-jack plug (3.5mm) & 1/4'' adapter (6.35mm)
- Weight (Without Cable): 290 g