View Full Description
Premium FX model
Equipped with professional XLR main stereo outputs and a flexible monitoring section with headphone and speaker feed outputs. In the FX version, Allen and Heath have added a set of fabulous effects to give shimmering reverbs and enhance your sound.
Ideal for studio and live sound
ZED's are great for live mixing! Their layout makes them very easy to use and easy for you to achieve a great sound. They are also perfect for recording, either a live show or an audio project at home can be built up track by track using the USB digital audio interface.
Internal FX processing
16 separate effects have been crafted into the ZED-FX range. These include Delay and Reverb, Ping-Pong delay, a selection of reverbs with different room/hall/arena properties, a flanger and a chorus. All have been designed to complement the material you are working with. Each of the effects has a parameter that can be altered: pre-delay can be adjusted, room sizes tweaked, and flanger speed dialled-in, providing you with complete control. Five of the effects can have their tempo tapped in, and the output auditioned by the FX PFL.
The flexibility and quality of these mixers make them stand out from the crowd. You can plug your guitars or instruments straight into the class A discrete FET high impedance inputs, cater for up to four microphones, two stereo sources with MP3 player compatibility, separate 2-track record outputs and a stereo playback input for 2-track replay or perhaps interval music from a CD player, XLR main stereo outputs with inserts, comprehensive monitoring with headphones and separate monitor speaker outputs, 48V microphone phantom power, DI level switching for sub mixing, and not least of all, the same digital effects algorithms as those used on our flagship digital consoles costing 150 times as much!
Newly designed inputs
The newly designed inputs have been crafted with the aim of replicating the sound of a classic guitar or instrument tube pre-amp in a combo or head amp. An extremely high input impedance ensures loading on pick-ups is minimal and a Class A FET (field effect transistor) circuit powered from 48V is employed to give the valve-like gain stage. There is a gain "Boost" switch associated with the guitar inputs which boosts gain by 26dB to cater for instruments with very low level outputs and the overdrive characteristics of the guitar inputs are very similar to a valve (tube) circuit, being asymmetric and soft. All this makes for a wonderfully natural sound to be reproduced from the instrument, full of warmth and character.
- 10 mono mic/line inputs
- 3 stereo channels with 2-band EQ
- 16 internal time-delay effects
- Neutrik mic XLRs
- Neutrik 1/4 inch jacks
- Channel insert
- Super wide gain DuoPreTM mic line input
- 3 band EQ with MusiQ
- 2 pre-fade Aux sends
- 1 post-fade Aux send
- 1 internal FX send
- Illuminated mute button
- Sound image pan
- Illuminated PFL & peak warning indicator
- ALPS 100mm faders
- Stereo returns & playback
- All inputs with level control
- 12 bar meters
- Mono/stereo function on auxes 1&2
- Monitor output section
- Alt stereo output source
- Configurable USB stereo audio in/out
- Rack ears available separately
- Type:Analog Mixer with USB
- Channels:16-channel (10 x mono, 3 x stereo)
- Computer Connectivity:USB (2 x 2)
- A/D Resolution:16-bit/48kHz
- Faders:16 x ALPS 100mm
- Inputs - Mic Preamps:10 x XLR
- Phantom Power:Global
- Inputs - Line:10 x 1/4" TRS, 8 x 1/4" (4 x stereo channels)
- Inputs - Other:2 x Dual RCA Stereo (stereo, 2 track)
- Outputs - Main:2 x XLR (main), 1 x 1/4" (mono)
- Outputs - Other:2 x Dual RCA Stereo (rec out, alt out)
- Aux Sends:2 x Pre, 1 x Post, 1 x FX Post
- Send/Return I/O:3 x 1/4" (aux send)
- Channel Inserts:10 x 1/4"
- Inserts:2 x 1/4" (stereo main)
- Headphones:1 x 1/4", 1 x 1/8"
- USB:1 x Type B
- Other I/O:1 x 1/4" (footswitch)
- EQ Bands:3-band EQ with MusiQ
- Effects:Delays, Reverbs, Chorus
- Software:Cakewalk Sonar X1 LE
- Power Source:Standard IEC AC cable
Your order may contain items that use a 240V UK plug
Any electrical items in your order may have been designed to work with a 240V circuit, using a United Kingdom G type plug connection. An adapter or transformer may be required for these items to work properly and safely in your country. Some items work with a range of voltages, or have a switchable voltage control built in. Please refer to the specific product details for further information.