View Full Description
All-in-one production and performance tool
With the Zoom ARQ AR-48, you've got everything you need to create and perform music that is fun, original, and freeing. The ARQ AR-48 is an all-in-one drum machine, sequencer, synthesizer, looper, clip launcher, MIDI controller, and live performance instrument. Use the ARQ AR-48 in the studio and on stage. It features 460 on-board sounds ranging over drums, instruments, and vocals, ideal for a variety of genres. If that's not enough, you can also load in your own samples and sample sounds on-the-fly to create mashups. Using the pads and functions, you can craft and perform music the way you want. The Zoom ARQ AR-48 digs out your creativity, providing you with a range of intuitive and flexible functions.
16 Programmable pads
The Zoom ARQ AR-48 features 16 LED, velocity and pressure-sensitive pads. These pads are programmable, allowing you to add whatever you want to them. Add in patterns, one-shot FX, or control your external device with the pads. The pads allow you to play instrument sounds, trigger samples, and record sequences on the fly, making it ideal for live performances. The Zoom ARQ gives you the ability to assign patterns to the pads, and also play over those patterns in real-time.
Unique ring design/accelerometer
The Zoom ARQ features a removable ring controller. The ring features 3-axis movement letting you trigger delay, reverb, and filter effects by moving the ring in the air, providing you with a unique way to control your effects and create a unique performance. Each axis can be assigned to adjust to any of your chosen effects parameters, offering flexibility. Express yourself by moving the pad to change the speed of a delay, giving you complete control over your effects. The grip detection automatically prevents accidental note triggering. As soon as you pick it up, it knows you are holding it. There are 16 on-board master effects for you to choose from, allowing you to get as creative as you want.
Four dedicated sections
The Zoom ARQ features 4 dedicated sections for producing and performing music. These are Sound, Sequence, Effect, and Rec/Play. The Sound section features 460 customisable instrument sounds and a synthesizer with 3 sub-oscillators. The parameters can be changed instantly and are visible with the LCD screen. The Sequence section allows you to access and edit songs or pattern sequences, as well as save your own. Up to 384 patterns and 99 songs can be saved, providing you with enough to create your own full performance. The Effect section provides you with 16 effects, including reverb, low/high-pass filters, delay, bit crush, and more. These can be used during song and pattern playback, and during a live performance. The Rec/Play section allows you to easily record and save your music. You can also use audio capture mode, which lets you record motion sequences.
The Zoom ARQ features a range of inputs and outputs including 2 1/4'' stereo outs, 3.5mm input and output, as well as a MIDI out for controlling external devices. Additionally, there is an SD card slot, USB port, and optional BTA-1 Bluetooth connector (not included) that can be used. Ableton Live 9 Lite is included, and you can connect the Zoom ARQ to Ableton for recording.
- All-in-one drum machine, sequencer, synthesizer, looper, clip launcher, MIDI controller and live performance instrument
- Includes 460 drum machine, synth, and instruments sounds
- Import WAV files into the internal synth engine's oscillator
- 16 adjustable master effects, including reverb, filters, delay, and more
- Use the Ring Controller as a handheld aerial instrument
- On-board 32-step loop sequencer for creating individual patterns or complete songs
- Programmable synthesizer engine with three sub-oscillators
- 16 velocity and pressure-sensitive pads with programmable colour LEDs
- Grip Detection automatically prevents accidental note triggering
- Built-in 3-axis accelerometer for triggering arpeggiator sounds and effects
- Dedicated buttons for record/play/pause, solo, mute, split, arpeggiate, and change effects
- 3.5mm mini stereo input for phrase recording and loop creation
- Audio capture from patterns and songs, from SD card, or from incoming audio signal
- Play sounds chromatically, or choose from dozens of preset scales in any key
- Dual 1/4'' line outputs, separate 3.5mm mini stereo headphone output with dedicated volume control, and MIDI output
- USB port for computer integration and SD card slot
- Optional Bluetooth connection (BTA-1 connector sold separately)
- Dimensions: 259 x 257.6 x 63mm (DxWxH)
- Weight (main unit only): 1.2kg
- Supporting operating systems: Windows 7 (SP1 or later), Windows 8 (included 8.1) or later, Windows 10, Mac OS X 10.8 or later
*For full list of specifications, please see the PDF manual above.
- Dimensions: 280.2 x 278.8 x 29.7mm
- Weight (main unit only): 0.4kg
- Product code: ARQ-AR-48