View Full Description
A modern reimagining of a Waldorf classic
The Microwave series of wavetable synthesizers were influential for their unique hybrid sound.
With M, Waldorf have dragged them back to the present, but now with a modern interface and an expanded feature set. Find yourself exploring exploring the power of wavetable synthesis, with the power of analog features.
Experience sound of wavetable synthesis
M features two separate wavetable oscilators, which can both be set to two modes independently of each other.
The first mode, Microwave I, is modelled of the original Microwave synth and uses bit-reduction from 16- to 8-bit with a 240kHz sample rate to get that classic sound.
The second, Modern Microwave II/XT, uses a 40kHz sample-rate with band-limited wavetables, offering the option for hard Sync and ring modulation.
Analog features for a true hybrid sound
The combination of wavetable with analog elements is what gives M its distinct sound.
It has an analog lowpass 24dB/Oct VCF with resonance controls and analog saturation modification.
With a true stereo analog VCA too, M has the wavetable sound with analog character.
Over 2000 preloaded sounds To play with
You won't get stuck finding sounds to try with the amount of presets Waldorf have packed into M.
2048 sound programs split into 16 groups of 128 will give you a ton to play with.
This includes loads of Waldorf's classic sounds such as the MW1 Factory Sound Set and Bassco.
Four part multi mode adds another layer
Set-up a range of different sounds in up to four different parts for more complex sequencing and synthesis. When linked to a sequencer through MIDI, you can use four separate voices in M's multi mode. This means you can get multiple synth lines, all with different sounds, all emanating from one synthesizer. Plus, use this multi mode to create complex stacks of sound which are comprised of different synthesis techniques.
Modulation, arpeggiation, and more
Use the onscreen menu to access other settings to realize the full power of M. Modulation controls for each individual parameter can be modified in their menu screens, unlocking the potential for even deeper sound design. Plus the inbuilt arpeggiator allows for a range of patterns to be selected and can be synced with a MIDI clock for compatibility between devices.
Classic design for a classic sound
The Waldorf M has been designed with a sleek, metallic blue housing. This is a modern homage to the original 1989 Microwave, especially the red oscillator knobs which are a direct throwback. All this adds to an elegant desktop package which will fit in perfectly with your setup.
- A wavetable synthesizer that is eight-voice polyphonic and four-part multitimbral
- Two wavetable oscillators with two modes each: 'classic' Microwave and 'modern' Microwave
- Bit reduced wavetables give the classic mode its unique sound (from 16-bit to 8 bit), with a 240kHz non-anti-aliased sample rate
- In the modern mode, there are band-limited wavetables, with a 40kHz sample rate
- Analog elements such as 24dB/Oct low pass VCF with resonance and analog saturation
- Also includes a stereo VCA which can pan individual elements
- A massive selection of 2048 presets including classics like MW1 Factory Sound Set and MW Sound Pool 1-5
- Two LFOs which can be used for modulation and are MIDI-syncable
- Hard sync and ring modulation capabilites in the modern Microwave setting
- Six stereo outs, with the option to route the four Multi parts to different outputs
- Connect computer/controller with 5-pin or USB MIDI ports
- Keep the firmware updated and backup cool patches with the SD card slot
- Comes with an external power supply and printed Quick Start manual
- Oscillators: 2 Wavetable oscillators
- Filter: Analog low-pass 24dB/Oct VCF (SSI 2144 Improved Ladder Type) with saturation
- Amplifier: Analog stereo VCA
- Envelope Generators: 4
- LFOs: 2
- Sound storage: 2048 Sound programs and 128 Multi programs
- Polyphony: 8/16 voices
- Multitimbrality: 4 parts
- MIDI: USB 2.0 and 5-pin DIN
- Power: 100-240V / 50-60Hz
- Power consumption: 1.8A max
- Dimensions(WxDxH): 440 x 305 x 85mm
- Weight: 5.7kg
- Product Code: 30100
Your order may contain items that use a 240V UK plug or a 220V EU plug
Any electrical items in your order may have been designed to work with a 240V circuit, using a United Kingdom G type plug connection or a 220V circuit, using an EU plug connection. An adapter or transformer may be required for these items to work properly and safely in your country.
Some items work with a range of voltages, or have a switchable voltage control built in. Please refer to the specific product details for further information.