View Full Description
Mouth-Controlled FX Processor & Synth
This revolutionary synthesizer and FX processor is controlled via your mouth, turning your voice into a versatile FX synthesizer. Simply sing, beatbox or breath into the contact mic at the top of the unit. You can also use live modulations to change the sound of your vocal performance. It is great for composers who cannot sing but want to use their voice in their music productions. It creates sounds ranging from modern-day leads to atmospheric soundscapes. The design of the synth is similar to a woodwind instrument such as a saxophone, with buttons places on the side of the unit for easy access while playing.
12 Algorithms For Varied Sounds
The SOMA pipe features 12 algorithms that are controlled via a rotating metal bar on the side of the unit. The 12 algorithms are comprised of dual virtual resonators, triggered by your voice. You can control the size and decay of the resonators via the knobs on the side of the unit. Each resonator has a strict set of frequencies, resulting in different sounds. The 12 algorithms are: Orpheus, Filterra, Synth, Reverb, Madelay, Pulse, Bassdrum (three versions), Octava, Generator and Harcho. Each algorithm is suited to different playing styles and sounds, for example setting the algorithm to the Synth setting allows you to create lead sounds similar to a synthesizer.
The sleek, cutting-edge design features a range of built-in controls including knobs, an activation touch sensor, additional FX touch sensor, as well as the algorithm switch. The control knobs located on the main side panel have different functions for every algorithm. For example, when used in Synth mode, it features a dynamic low-pass filter with adjustable cutoff frequency as well as a reverb/delay and octaver. The wide range of modulation options allow you to easily control every aspect of your sound with exceptional precision. The microphone touch sensor activates the microphone once held down. Once released, the unit will deliver no sound, ideal for killing sound and creating rhythms. The additional FX touch sensor allows you to use the FX for each algorithm.
Design & Connectivity
The sleek yet robust Laboratory Pipe features a durable all-metal enclosure with a glowing red LED light that shows the SOMA logo. Ergonomic handles on either side of the unit, allow you to comfortably hold your instrument. The handles also act as a contact point for the touch sensor. You can use a wire or any other conductor (with a resistance of lt; 10 mOhms for added flexibility. It also features a range of connectivity options including a custom XLR connector, allowing you to connect the SOMA pipe to the external breakout box. An input for a microphone or external signal is also included in the form of a 6.3mm TRS jack input. An M4 thread is included for connection of aneck strap, ideal for live performances.
- PIPE – controller and processing unit
- Breakout box
- Standard microphone
- Power adapter (Ac input – 90 – 240V DC output + 12 V)
- XLR-XLR cable – 4 metres
- Box for storage and transportation
- Mouth-controlled dynamic FX processor and synthesizer
- Turns your voice into a powerful FX, beat, lead, soundscape synthesizer
- Wide range of vocal processing and FX
- Synthesise everything from conventional singing to beatboxing
- Add live modulation to bring out the best from your vocal performance
- 12 different algorithms including: Orpheus, Filterra, Synth, Reverb, Madelay, Pulse, Bassdrum (three versions), Octava, Generator and Harcho
- Ergonomic control panel with touch sensors
- Vocal contact mic
- FX touch sensor for triggering different effects
- Custom XLR connector for use with breakout box
- Input for microphone or external signal (6.3mm TRS Jack input)
- Maximum Input Voltage: 2.5v p-p
- Input Impedance: 250 kOhm
- Nominal Output Voltage: 2V p-p
- Maximum Output Voltage: 9V p-p
- Output Resistance: 150 Ohm
- Supply Voltage: 12V DC
- Current Consumption: 80 mA
- Weight Of Handheld Part: 840 grams
- Cable Length From Pipe To Breakout Box: 4 metres
Your order may contain items that use a 240V UK plug
Any electrical items in your order may have been designed to work with a 240V circuit, using a United Kingdom G type plug connection. An adapter or transformer may be required for these items to work properly and safely in your country. Some items work with a range of voltages, or have a switchable voltage control built in. Please refer to the specific product details for further information.