Click on the PDF link Above to view detailed Brochure on the Roland SH-01.
Triple-Stacked Virtual Analog Engine
The triple-stacked engine puts potent virtual analogue synthesis under your fingertips, comprising three complete synths for incredibly thick, powerful sound. Unleash the three oscillators that drive a trio of multimode, resonant filters, multi-shape LFOs, and amplifiers, plus nine envelope generators, and a complete multi-effects system. It's like having three synthesizers in one! With 64 polyphonic voices onboard, GAIA makes it possible to play massive sounds without experiencing note drop-out.
From the silkiest reverb to the grittiest growl, GAIA's instantly selectable multi-effects will catapult your sounds into another spatial dimension. You can layer up to five simultaneous effects for dozens of variations. The onboard effects include reverb, distortion, fuzz, bit crash, flanger, phaser, pitch shifter, low boost, and delay with panning and tempo sync. Dedicated control knobs are provided for tweaking the effects in real time.
The front panel puts every control directly under your fingertips. There are no hidden menus, no nonsense. Just play and move the knobs and sliders, or wave your hands over the invisible D Beam for dramatic effects. The logically designed front panel shows the signal path from left to right. It helps beginners understand synthesis, while experienced players will love the instant gratification of hands-on control during performance.
Create Musical Magic
Hold a note or chord and let the arpeggiator create musical magic automatically for you. The tempo can be set via cursor or tap tempo. In addition, the onboard Phrase Recorder lets you record what you play on the keyboard as well as the movements of the knobs and sliders. The controller data can also be played back independently to complement the notes you play in real time.
Connect directly to a computer (Mac or PC) with one simple USB cable, and stream audio directly to the software of your choice. GAIA's USB port can also be used to transmit and receive MIDI data, and to store your patches and phrases (recorded with the Phrase Recorder) to a USB memory stick. And for integrating with other external devices, the EXT input lets you connect external audio sources such as an MP3-player to play along with your favourite songs or backing tracks. Manipulate the incoming audio with three Centre Cancel modes, which let you minimise pre-recorded vocals, guitars, or bass.
Axial Synth Tone Libraries
Axial is Roland's official tone library where you can download new sounds for your Roland synth that have been specially designed by top programmers. On Axial you'll find a continuously expanding universe of creative inspiration for live performing and music production. From recreations of vintage analog classics to modern, cutting edge tones that are perfect for the latest music styles and beyond.
The sound downloads on Axial are grouped by musical genre and concept, making it easy to find the tones that will work best with your music. The site also features demo videos and sound clips, so you can check out the sounds and examples of their uses.
At less than 10 pounds, GAIA is lightweight, compact, and great for musicians on the go. The 37-note keyboard is full size, so performers can play naturally and comfortably. The synth can be powered via AC or batteries for the ultimate in portable convenience. A battery-life indicator ensures that you won't lose power unexpectedly. When used in conjunction with a battery-powered amp such as Roland's CUBE Street, MOBILE CUBE, BA-330 or KC-110, GAIA can be played and heard anywhere.
- Huge sound with three virtual analogue engines onboard, each with a dedicated oscillator, filter, amplifier, envelope, and LFO
- Layer up to five simultaneous effects, including distortion, flanger, delay, reverb, low boost, and more
64-voice polyphony for massive sounds without note drop out
Fun, hands-on control panel
- Lightweight, compact body with 37 full-size keys
- Runs on AC or battery power for portable convenience
- D Beam, arpeggiator, and Phrase Recorder onboard
- USB ports for saving user patches to USB flash drives, and for audio/MIDI connection to computers
- Keyboard: 37 keys (velocity sensitive)
- Maximum Polyphony: 64 voices
- Sound Generator Section:
- Virtual analog synthesizer sound generator (Number of part: 1)
- (Oscillator + Filter + Amp + Envelopes + LFO) x 3
- PCM sound generator (Number of parts: 15)
- Patch Memory:
- Oscillator waveform: SAW, SQUARE, PULSE/PWM, TRIANGLE, SINE, NOISE, SUPER SAW
- Knobs/Sliders: PITCH, DETUNE, Pulse Width, Pulse Width Modulation
- Envelope: Attack, Decay, Envelope Depth
- Modulation: Oscillator Sync, Ring Modulation - (Tone 2's OSC 2 is applied as modulation to Tone 1's OSC 1.)
- Filter Type: LPF, HPF, BPF, PKG (-12 dB/-24 dB)
- Knobs: CUTOFF, RESONANCE, KEY FOLLOW
- Envelope: Attack, Decay, Sustain, Release, Envelope Depth
- Knobs: LEVEL
- Envelope; Attack, Decay, Sustain, Release
- LFO Shape: TRIANGLE, SINE, SAW, SQUARE, Sample
- Knobs/Sliders: RATE, FADE TIME, PITCH DEPTH, FILTER DEPTH, AMP DEPTH
- Tempo Sync: ON/OFF
- DIST: Distortion, Fuzz, Bit Crash
- FLANGER: Flanger, Phaser, Pitch Shifter
- DELAY: Delay, Panning Delay (with tempo sync function)
- REVERB: Reverb
- LOW BOOST; Low Boost
- Knobs: Control 1, Level
- Pitch Bend/Modulation lever
- D BEAM Controller
- Arpeggiator: Preset pattern: 64
- User: 8
- Number of Track: 1
- OUTPUT jacks (L/MONO, R) (1/4 inch phone type)
- Headphone jack (Stereo 1/4 inch phone type)
- PEDAL jack (TRS phone type)
- MIDI Connectors (IN, OUT)
- USB COMPUTER (supports USB Hi-Speed Audio/MIDI)
- USB MEMORY (supports USB 2.0 Hi-Speed flash memory)
- EXT IN jack (Stereo miniature phone type)
- DC IN jack
Current Draw: 600 mA
Battery life for continuous use:
- DC 9 V (AC Adaptor or rechargeable nickel-metal hydride AA batteries x 8)
- * Batteries sold separately.
- * Zinc-carbon batteries or alkaline batteries cannot be used.
- Approximately 5 hours
- * Using rechargeable nickel metal hydride batteries
- * Approximately 4 hours if USB memory is connected
- * Differs depending on the conditions of use
- Owner's Manual, Guide Book, CD-ROM (USB DRIVER), DVD Video, AC Adaptor (PSB-1U), Power Cord
- Width: 689 mm - 27-3/16 inches
- Depth: 317 mm - 12-1/2 inches
- Height: 100 mm - 3-15/16 inches
For more official roland sounds visit Axial.roland.com
Axial is the official Roland tone library site where you can download new sounds for your Roland synthesizer that have been specially designed by top programmers.