View Full Description
Ergonomic controller for Ableton Live
Launch Control XL is the perfect companion for Ableton users, providing hands-on control for parameters, instruments and settings in this portable controller. It features 16 buttons and 24 knobs in total, as well as 8 faders, seamlessly integrating with Ableton Live. When used in conjunction with the Novation Launchpad, Launch Control XL provides simultaneous controls over your sessions’ mixer, effects, volume and instruments.
Easily navigate Ableton Live with the wide variety of controls including transport navigation and more; all arranged in an ergonomic layout. The 24 knobs are arranged in three rows, each with their own colour-code. The multicoloured LEDS illuminate, allowing you to differentiate between sends, EQs and other parameters. The rugged 60mm faders provide optimal precision when it comes to controlling levels and automation. The 16 multi-colour pads allowing you to quickly navigate between tracks and the mixer, improving your workflow at the touch of a button.
Customise your control layouts
Cater the layout to your needs. The Launch Control XL also possess the ability to create custom control layouts. This means you can assign buttons, knobs and faders to any parameter with Ableton, for maximum versatility. Want to control the LFO within a virtual instrument? Simply select your control and assign it to the corresponding parameter. You can even customise the colours of the knobs, perfect for creating the perfect mix.
Seamless integration with a range of equipment and music software
This HUI enabled controller will integrate seamlessly with a wide range of music software. The versatile design allows you to plug it into Logic, Cubase Or ProTools and start controlling straight away. Using a MIDI USB host, you can use the Launch Control XL to take control of hardware, thanks to its ability to work standalone.
Not only can it control a variety of DAWs, you can also use it to control MIDI-compatible iOS music software via a Camera Connection Kit. The flexible compatibility allows you to perform using Mac, Windows or iOS devices with ease.
Tactile, versatile and portable design
The compact and highly portable design is perfect for use at home or on the road. For instance, the Launch Control XL can enhance your live performances when combined with the Novation Launchpad. You can control your mixer, effects and instruments simultaneously and even combine multiple units for even more complex results.
The tough and slimline construction will easily fit within a backpack. The rugged enclosure ensures maximum durability, easily withstanding use on the road, even in the most demanding live situations. It's also powered by USB bus, eliminating the need for an external power supply.
Get started straight out of the box
The Novation Launch Control XL comes complete with a copy of Ableton Live Lite, allowing you to get started straight out of the box. Ableton Live Lite is a basic version of Ableton Live, including everything you need to start producing music. Also included a varied collection of premium-grade samples and loops from Loopmasters.
- Compact controller for use with Ableton Live
- 24 high-quality knobs with multi-colour indicators
- Combine with Launchpad to create the ultimate performance combo
- Eight 60mm faders for precision level adjustment
- Fully customisable layouts
- USB bus powered design
- 16 multi-colour buttons for Track Focus and Mixer controls
- Comes complete with Ableton Live Lite and Loopmasters sample collection
- Can also be used to control hardware and other music software (Logic, Cubase Pro Tools etc.)
- Rotary Pots: 24 with 300° Motion
- Indicator LEDs: 24 Multi-Colour (One Per Pot)
- Faders: 8 x 60mm
- Buttons: 16 Assignable Multi-Colour (Backlit)
- With 8 Additional Backlit Buttons
- Connections: USB Socket & Kensington Security Slot
- Power Requirements: USB Bus Powered, Including iPad®
- Dimensions: 240mm x 240mm x 39mm (W x D x H)
Software and OS Compatibility
- Ableton Live Lite 9 - Included
- Stand-Alone Template Editor for Control Assignment
- HUI Compatibility for Mixer Control within DAW Software (Including Cubase, Logic Pro and Pro Tools)
- Mac OSX: 10.8 - 10.11
- Windows: 7, 8 and 10