View Full Description
88-note semi-weighted keybed for maximum expression
The GXP88 from Nektar allows you to express yourself, down to the touch. The semi-weighted 88-note keybed features velocity and aftertouch, meaning it captures every nuance of your playing. From the subtle touches to massive chords, the GXP88 translates your playing style with exceptional detail. In addition to the keybed, the GXP88 features both pitch bend and modulation wheels, as well as an expression pedal socket. Also included is a 1/4-inch TRS jack, providing a connection for up to two footswitch pedals.
14 assignable RGB buttons and transport controls for deep integration
What sets the GXP88 apart from conventional MIDI keyboard is the vast array of onboard controls. The streamlined control panel allows you to get in-depth when it comes to integrating the GXP88 with your favourite DAW. The onboard transport controls allow you to quickly and easily navigate your music software without having to switch between mouse and keyboard. It also features track selection and volume control, as well as providing the ability to open and close DAW windows.
As well as the transport controls, the keyboard feature 14 assignable illuminated RGB buttons. This allows you to interact directly with MIDI programs and a wide range of in-DAW parameters. They also double up to be used with the new Key Repeat engine allowing for direct control for the RGB buttons.
Key Repeat Engine – real-time tool for rhythmic inspiration
The innovative Key Repeat engine provides inspiration for new rhythmic ideas and elements. Using the Key Repeat engine, you can select and control Repeat Rates, Accent, Interval, Swing and change routing options for aftertouch and velocity. When the engine is activated, the second encoder is transformed into a dedicated tempo control (unless synced to an external MIDI clock) for maximum versatility.
Load up to 16 plugins into Nektarine
Simultaneous plugin functionality. Using the custom Nektarine plugin control software you can load up and use up to 16 VST or AU instrument plugins for simultaneous use. Using the custom software you can utilise instant patch recall, as well as direct patch control from each of the RGB patch buttons. You can even define keyboard zones, layers and splits from all of your loaded plugins. From here you can then save your plugin settings, as well as the combination of plugins into a multi-patch file. This allows you to recall the various VST combos a the touch of a button.
Complete with Cubase LE and Retrologue VST for music production
The keyboard comes complete with a free licence for Cubase LE. Cubase LE is a streamlined version of the award-winning DAW from Steinberg. Cubase LE allows you to record, edit, arrange and export music with ease. Cubase LE includes over 5GB of content (including sounds and loops) as well as Halion Sonic SE which includes over 180 instrument presets. You can record up to 16 audio tracks and eight instruments simultaneously.
Create and inspire yourself with the Retrologue 2 VST synthesizer. This VST synth from Steinberg captures the essence of the synthesizer, emulating the classic analog warmth and grit of vintage synths. The virtual instrument features three oscillators a range of fine-tuned filters and over 700 presets to get you started.
The streamlined and sleek design is compact yet robust, featuring a wide range of onboard connections for maximum flexibility. The rear of the keyboard features a 5-in MIDI output jack as well as an external power supply socket. The power supply socket is useful on stage or when there isn’t a USB port available for powering the keyboard.
- 88-note full-sized keybed with velocity and aftertouch
- 14 RGB LED buttons for MIDI, note repeat and Nektarine features
- Pitch Bend and Modulation Wheels
- 1 push encoder for note repeat tempo control and Nektarine features
- Octave up/down buttons with LED indicators
- Transpose up/down buttons with LED indicators. Assignable to other functions
- Power on/off switch
- 9v DC power supply socket (optional)
- USB port and USB bus powered
- 7 transport buttons for DAW integration or MIDI assignable
- Shift button activate transport buttons secondary level for a total of 14 accessible buttons
- MIDI Output jack
- 1/4” TRS jack Foot Switch socket for connection of 2 foot switches
- 1 MIDI assignable potentiometer
- 1/4“ TRS jack expression pedal socket
- Note Repeat button with LED tempo indicator
- Nektar DAW support integration
- Note Repeat Function button
- Nektarine plugin control software included (Download)
- Includes Cubase LE (with 5GB of sound content) and Retrologue 2 VST synthesizer
- DAW integration support: Bitwig, Cubase, Digital Performer, Garageband, Logic, Nuendo, Reaper, Reason, Sonar, Studio One
- Dimensions (LxDxH): 134.5 cm x 23 cm x 8 cm
- Weight: 8.2kg
- Product Code: NEKTAR-GXP88