View Full Description
Digital Precision with Analog Sound
The 002's analog/digital hybrid nature provides 12 discrete voices of polyphony with full multi-timbrality for incredible analog sound that features the precision of digital. Each voice has two NCOs (Numerically Controlled Oscillators) that produce high-resolution, stability and vast amounts of waveforms to choose from. Add two sub-oscillators to the NCOs, with the ability to switch from square wave to match the waveform of the main NCO, essentially giving you four oscillators per voice - the potential soundscapes you can build are limitless.
A distinctive ladd filter shifts from a 24dB/octave four-pole transistor to a 6dB/octave one-pole filter and everything in between, producing an amazing array of effects. In addition, each voice is equipped with its own individual LFO as well as a global LFO and a huge range of modulations. All of the touch-sensitive controls are easily accessible, while the screen automatically changes to reflect the knob's function - no more digging through menus in the middle of a performance.
Powerful and Versatile Sequencing
The Modal 002 features sequencing options that provide you with an extensive amount of onboard versatility. From the built-in 12-track, 12-row 32-step sequencer with dedicated front panel control knobs to the in-sequence transposing capabilities and the MIDI sync - the 002's is as powerful as it is flexible.
The multi-mode arpeggiator includes a 'hold' mode, allowing you to use the arpeggiator and sequencer together to create sequences on-the-fly and save them for later recall and/or editing. The animator function gives the ability to sequence any parameter including filter transitions, wave forms and modulations. Once you've created a patch or sequence, simply save it in a slot within the quick recall bank. This bank allows you to store often use patches, or use it to get rid of your set list by saving each song in its own slot for quick and easy transitions during your performance - you'll never lose another great idea.
Flexible Inputs and Outputs
The range of connections include balanced XLR and unbalanced TRS outputs for connecting the 002 directing to your amp, mixers or audio interface. A D-sub connection provides individual outputs for each of the synth's 12 voices, giving you flexibility for advanced routing options and outboard processing. Also included are two audio inputs for processing external audio through the 002's onboard filter section, further expanding your sonic possibilities. Finally two expression pedal inputs with one-button parameter assignments add even more to your performance capabilities.
Road-Worthy Premium Construction
Modal ensured you'd be performing on your 002 synth for years to come. The rugged-design is truly road-worthy, featuring a steel chassis that is perfect for both on stage during a tour or in the safe confines of your studio. The sides are clad in leather and all of the knobs are easily accessible from the front panel, with a turned aluminum construction, providing much more longevity and an elegant finish to this incredibly powerful synthesiser.
- 002 provides twelve discrete voices of polyphony with full multi-timbrality if desired
- Two oscillators per voice with two sub oscillators, which can be switched from being either traditional square wave to having the same waveform as the main oscillator in effect making four oscillators per voice
- Analogue / digital hybrid architecture uses NCOs for very high resolution, and very stable oscillators. Over 50 different waveforms, ranging from classic analogue sounds to more unique digital shapes
- Modal Electronics designed 24dB per octave four pole transistor ladder filter, with some very unusual morphing characteristics or polesweeping, enabling transition from four pole through bandpass to one pole 6db per octave, or anywhere in between
- Two LFO's, one per voice and one global
- Extensive modulation options, all accessed directly from the front panel no menu options
- 002 features a range of sequencing options a built in 12 Track, 12 row, 32 step sequencer with 16 dedicated step time editing knobs on the front panel and MIDI sync capabilities. Sequences can also be transposed dynamically while running
- A very highly featured arpeggiator with a wide range of different modes, including hold mode, enabling arpeggiator-based sequences to be created
- The Modal Electronics Animator, which enables any control parameter on the 002 to be sequenced, enabling very complex filter transitions, wave form changes and modulation matrix changes to be sequenced
- Ethernet port to connect your 002 to your network and enable updates via the internet (no more midi sysex dumps) and access to the Modal Electronics cloud features
- Superb UI, a great departure from the norm of synthesisers, featuring a very high quality 4.3 inch screen with wide viewing angle, display is context sensitive where the control parameters of any control knob that is touched by the user, is immediately displayed
- Twelve quick recall banks are accessible directly from the front panel, enabling performing musicians to get rid of their set sheets and build set lists of presets, sequences and animations, all quickly accessible from dedicated front panel buttons. Up to ten banks of quick recalls can be created, making live performance a doddle
- VCF and VCA envelope generators
- Four Key Modes - Polyphonic, Monophonic, Unison and Stack
- Very high quality construction, uses a premium FATAR semi-weighted five octave key mechanism with aftertouch
- All voice control parameters are accessible from a well designed and intuitive front panel, that follows a traditional synthesiser work flow
- Pure analogue signal path from the oscillators onwards, no digital conversion
- Combined XLR/TRS sockets for balanced / unbalanced outputs. Further, each of the twelve outputs can be brought out individually via a dedicated d-sub socket.
- Optional Digital Output board providing multi voice outputs over USB (Class Compliant) with FX available Q2 2015
- Two audio inputs enabling audio processing from the VCF onwards plus external MIDI in and out
- XY joystick XY joystick and Sustain and Expression pedal inputs for performance controls and any control parameter can be assigned to any joystick axis (X+, X-, Y+, Y-) by pressing the dedicated front panel selector button
- Keys: 61
- Key Action: Semi-Weighted
- Sound Engine Type: Hybrid
- Polyphony: 12 Notes
- Sequencer: 32-Step
- Envelope Generators: VCF, VCA
- Key Modes: Polyphonic, Monophonic, Unison, Stack
- Inputs: 4 x VC, 2 x 1/4" Jack, MIDI In
- Outputs: 4 x CV, MIDI Out, 1 x 1/4" Jack (Headphone)
Your order may contain items that use a 240V UK plug
Any electrical items in your order may have been designed to work with a 240V circuit, using a United Kingdom G type plug connection. An adapter or transformer may be required for these items to work properly and safely in your country. Some items work with a range of voltages, or have a switchable voltage control built in. Please refer to the specific product details for further information.